thoughts on labour?

very lucky colin didnt listen to the mw on the phone who told him to have a cup of coffee and come over when he could!! :shock:

but then i was in the background screaming 'get the f*ck here NOW!!!!!!!!!!' :rofl:

hahahahah good information i really hope mine goes as simple as that hehe

i'm still in two minds about an epi-do-dah.. i really don't like the thought of something in my spine like you said tiny - it's a bit unnatural! deffo gonna have a read of that sheet.

adele - i'm a first time mum too and soooo rubbish with pain!!!! i scream if i get a splinter and get into hot sweats if i have to get blood tests lmaooo.. how pathetic does that sound?!

i'm thinking about all pain releif.. (except for the scary thing in your leg :O)

but does gas and air make you feel drunk? cause i hate that feeling when you feel out of control..

you sound just like me lol. i hate the feeling of not being in control (being drunk), but the gas and air is like nothing else on earth. at the very least, it will make you lose track of time.

I ended up on diamorphine and I can say that I was totally out of it, not even slightly in control, barely awake. obviously not the best way to be when you pushing a babby out lol. I now realise that when the midwife offered me the epidural, it was because it was the best thing for that situation. I refused it and got more diamorphine instead.

The midwives have seen hundreds of labours and births, and although you may have strong wishes about how you want yours to be, they may know from experience that it is not going to be that straightforward, so i suppose what i am saying is, try to keep an open mind...i wish i had :|

I had really easy labour with DD, no pain relief (I have ridiculously high pain threshold) and was in full labour for 2 hours. If I can do the same again I'll opt for no pain relief but my mind is open in case I do need it. My sister was in labour for 38 hours and had two epidurals as she progressed really slowly but baby wasn't distressed so she refused c-section. Finally delivered with epi and forceps. I had one stitch. I've always cursed having wide hips (I usually wear size 8-10 on top but because my hips are so wide I have to wear size 12 on bottom) but they came in very handy at birthing time!!! I found the pool very relaxing and it helped, as did walking around and bouncing on the exercise ball! Fingers crossed all goes well this time as I want home birth!!!!

i'm thinking about all pain releif.. (except for the scary thing in your leg :O)

whats that?

so sorry i didn't answer this! it's something called Pethadine - another form of pain releif.. couldn't find a good page on google about it but if you've seen any pain releif booklets about it explains all in there xxx

you sound just like me lol. i hate the feeling of not being in control (being drunk), but the gas and air is like nothing else on earth. at the very least, it will make you lose track of time.

I ended up on diamorphine and I can say that I was totally out of it, not even slightly in control, barely awake. obviously not the best way to be when you pushing a babby out lol. I now realise that when the midwife offered me the epidural, it was because it was the best thing for that situation. I refused it and got more diamorphine instead.

The midwives have seen hundreds of labours and births, and although you may have strong wishes about how you want yours to be, they may know from experience that it is not going to be that straightforward, so i suppose what i am saying is, try to keep an open mind...i wish i had :|

that's so true and i'm deffo gonna keep that in mind! i don't really have a clue what's best for me i just know what i prefer and don't.. but i just want baby to be here healthily and for me to not be in too much pain!

i'm going to write a rough birth plan but going to put if you think i need something - do it! lol..

so scared though ahhhhh!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back