Thought i was in labour last night

spacehopper

Reaction score
But i think it was a fake lol

I woke up at 2.50 with back ache in my lower back and constant period like cramping that got worse then eased off. They were very close together but had no water or a show so just went the loo for a wee and had a clear out iykwim? lol

Couldnt sit down for long as the next pain was coming. Was thinking of wakeing my mum or OH but then they started easing and i crawled back in bed and fell asleep.

Woke up this morning and sat up in bed and had a huge pain shoot up my bum :( It hurt that much i let out a scream.

Im really worried now incase anything starts as OH, mum and dad are working and my sister has just moved out so lives about 45 mins away now.

I know he is going to come early now, just have a feeling and im worried its going to be soon.

I have MW on thursday so will ask her what she thinks. Archie is moving but not as much as usual. I know the movments start slowing down now though as there is no room lol

What do you girls think? any advice?

Naomi xx

I can understand why you thought you were in labour. It sounds very similar. Also, I get that shooting pain up my bum when I wake sometimes and it is sooooo painful - what is it?????

I remember that when I went into labour with Jacob, I hadn't felt the usual movements for a few days and was going to get checked by my midwife and then the next day my waters went!

Hope he hangs in there for a little longer hun :hug:

FWIW baby is not going to take a little while to arrive so you'll have time to call your OH and let him know you are in early labour. Early labour can go on a long time so don't panic. I had 2 days of latent labour before I went into labour proper and the contractions stuck around. OH went to work and we carried on as normal till I was about 4 hours in to established first stage labour. I just stopped for the contractions and worked through them.

Besides, usually you remain at home till contractions are less than 4-5 minutes apart and regular. If you go to hospital too early they often send you home and tell you to come back when further along.

I'm sure you'll cope fine :)

Thanks girls.

Lynsey i haven't a clue what the pain is but its bloody awful lol

So do you think i could be in early labour or?

I dont know what to make of it. I wish sometimes my waters would break just so i know its real but not yet.

I'd not say early labour. If anything it sounds like latent labour, which isn't classed as being in labour. Mine lasted over 48 hours and didn't count toward my actual labour at all :roll: :lol:

Latent labour can come and go, sometimes lasting days. Don't worry about it overly unless things really start to happen and stick around for a few hours.

The shootin pain up yer bum might be cramp hun.. i get it alot.. always suffered with it during my period and have been gettin quite a bit durin this pregnancy too :hug: hope ya little one holds on a wee bit longer darlin xxxx

I can only comment on the movement (I don't want to disappoint you but I had a whole weekend of what you're describing about 4 weeks ago, and it didn't amount to anything - she's 11 days late!!)

But, if you are concerned about Archie's movements slowing down, get yourself to the delivery suite. It's MUCH better to get it checked rather than leave it. I went yesterday and although it turned out she was just asleep and being quiet (and had changed positions :cheer: ) you'll be able to get him checked out AND ask any questions about labour etc..

I hope you go into labour at bang on 37 weeks or something though! :pray: Full term is only 6 days away xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back