Thought I was in labour last night....

Little Bump

Reaction score
But I wasn't :(

I was having tightenings, which got so intense I was in tears at one point :oops: Then I started feeling sick, but looking back it was probably anxiety making me feel that way, I was pacing around the house as movement seemed preferable to lying there.

I was getting a bit excited as they seemed to increase in regularity between 1am and 4am. I also kept feeling like I needed to poop but couldn't go. So I got myself convinced it was a pressure thing.

I managed to stay pretty calm to begin with, I left OH asleep, checked my hospital bag, put it and the car seat by the front door. Had a bath, made a cup of tea....it all seemed to ease off a bit about 3.30am, laid down in bed and that's when they seemed to step up a gear and had me in tears, it hurt so much. OH woke up properly at that point and was rubbing my back, which made me want to punch him in the head tbh :wall:

I got a terrible crampy pain, a pressure type pain, got up and went back to the loo and had the worse runs of my life :shock: This was uncontrollable tummy cramping runs.

40 minutes and 3 toilet trips later I felt fine.....all better :oops:

About 5am I managed to get back into bed. Got up to see OH off to work at 8am, saw my bag and the carseat sat waiting by the door and burst into tears, I was so tired and fed up and really thought it was starting :oops:

So I kept my OH awake most of the night, he was late to work as he ended up consoling me and is now at work worrying about me as he keeps phoning, all down to a bit of diarrhea :(

And I'm fine. I feel a bit bruised in my tummy but fine....no tightenings, nothing.

I'm such an idiot sometimes.

Don't feel like an idiot. It could just be preparation and labour is imminent! Sounds like it won't be long now!

Thanks :hug: I just feel a bit of a prat...especially since everyone says I'll KNOW when I'm in labour....

Now I'm just feeling sorry for myself I think as I'm so tired, only Asda are due to bring my shopping so couldn't go back to sleep. And this afternoon I have to get my jobs done because as soon as OH gets home from work we have to go and help sort through his Aunts belongings as she's just died :(

Once Asda comes and I have some choccy cake in my hand I'll cheer up no doubt :)

dont feel daft littlebump, whenever i wake up at night at the mo im wondering if its because of the same thing. If i had woken up with such intense pain & it ha got me to the point of tears i would have thought & acted the same as you (well i would have phoned midwife & told her to come down as we're hoping for home birth hehehe). Dont beat yourself up about it. Yes people say "you will know" but everyone is different... my mum was telling me yesterday about one of her friends who sat watching the tv through most of her labour with only a little quiet tiny ooooo every now & then & that was her first! My mum never thought her friend was in labour as my mum apparently had an agonising labour etc So it goes to show not everyone will feel the same.
DO NOT beat yourself up. Your other half will definately understand... definately get that chocolate cake inside you & stop worrying about how it will effect others :)
xxx

I didn't know i was in labour when it started. I called the midwife in a panic as i went to the loo and there was blood! I had no idea what a plug was!
The hospital were trying to convince me i wasn't in labour! They tried to get me to stay at home a bit longer! Kept asking me question and had no idea how to answer them. I was a big idiot really.

It's perfectly understandable that you thought you were in labour hun, don't be too hard on yourself :hug: :hug: :hug:
Enjoy lots of yummy chockie cake :D :D :D

They all sound like good signs hun!! I'm sure it won't be long for you, really.

:hug:

Just a Q, what position is Sydnee in? If she is back to back, unfortunately, b2b labour can be pretty slow and take a few days to kick into full swing. :( :think: xx

Aww sorry it wasnt it for you, I had my own minor wishful thinking on Monday it made me smile reading your post as I too got all organised and arranged everything to go and got pissed off with the stupidest things (I shouted at OH to get a birth ball out of the way when we were in the labour suite!)

Your time will come its just frustrating we dont have a little sign that lights up on our bellys to say 'Yup your in labour'

Aww it sounds like it was good practise though hun :hug:

Sorry to hear things didn't start. I had a couple of sessions like that last week and since this is my second, I should know what labour feels like and I didn't!! It is so easy to convince yourself that things are happening. I am sure things will progress for you soon :hug:

Don't feel bad, hopefully next time it will be the real thing :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back