• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Third degree tear

Flame

Reaction score
I manage to get a third degree tear and have an episiotomy during my little ones birth.

Anyone else? How long did it take to recover?

i didnt have an episiotomy, but tore very badly and neede 45mins worth of stitches. Supposedly dissovlable stitches.....erm NO. i had to go to doctors 5 weeks later to have the ones that hadn't dissolved removed, not a nice experience. After that it seemed to heal quite nicely, after about 6 weeks i felt like i was starting to get back to normal

i too tore badly it was a 2nd but required lots of stitching. it took me about 2 weeks for it to stop hurting. it felt uncomfortable for awhile after but over all healed well.
rest and bath regularly to keep it clean. if you start to feel like your guts are gonna come falling out you woo woo and they ache like youve been kicked by a horse, your doing too much.

I had an episiostomy and a third degree tear too. I started to feel a bit more comfortable after about a week but it seemed to be a lot better after 6 weeks. Like Nathan mum said make sure you rest I found salt water baths helped me too.

xxx

I manage to get a third degree tear and have an episiotomy during my little ones birth.

Me too! I would say it took a good 8-10wks to feel completely pain free again and not like I had been kicked in the falhoola! It seemed to get worse if I overdid it e.g went on long walks. Keep it clean, shower twice a day if needed (no soap :shock: ) and it will heal.

took me about 5 weeks to feel comfortable again..

hope its not as long for you :hug:

I had third degree and episiotomy with Molly, fourth degree and episiotomy with Sam (oooooch!)

Six weeks, but keep pff your feet as much as possible. As soon as you get that dragging feeling, it's time to get horizontal! :doh:

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Probably a bit of an early question after the tear but did you feel odd down there like you had an extra hole? and when did you start having sex again?

to be honest i didnt have sex again il about 4 weeks ago. I just got scared about ti hurting.me worrying made it worse as when we eventually did it it was fine.
xx

I still haven't done it, and right now I can't even think about it!
I still don't feel right down there and still get some twinges even after neary four months.

I think it's put me off sex altogether :cry: :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back