Tear = C-Section

Urchin

Reaction score
I had my post-delivery check up yesterday (you automatically get one here if you have a 3rd degree tear)
I found out that if I get pregnant again I will have the option of having a c-section.
Who else had a tear and what you do?

i had a 4 degree tear but didnt get checked no idea why tho?? why u get the option of a c-section??
sarah and braydon

I would ask about a follow up appointment, I've had one with the physiotherapist and one with a doctor so far.

The risk of tearing again is big now so you can choose to opt for a C-section.

Hi

I had a second degree tear and Isaac was born with forceps. I am worried that if I have another baby then the tear will automatically re-open. I'm going to ask at my check up next week.

Lou

lou said:
Hi

I had a second degree tear and Isaac was born with forceps. I am worried that if I have another baby then the tear will automatically re-open. I'm going to ask at my check up next week.

Lou

I'm sure you'll be fine... you only get a follow up round here if your 3rd or 4th degree :shock:

I had an episiotomy/ventuse first time round, not sure if that helped me tear this time though.

cheers urchin :)

I did have an episeotomy thingy (lol) I cant spell it. But they cut you so the tear goes where they want it to go. Thats what they told me afterwards. omg it was soooo sore afterwards I cant beging to imagine what a 3rd or 4th degree feels like. poor you.

Its all worth it though hey :)

I thought scar tissue was tougher than normal skin so you would be less likely to tear in the same place twice??

lou said:
cheers urchin :)

I did have an episeotomy thingy (lol) I cant spell it. But they cut you so the tear goes where they want it to go. Thats what they told me afterwards. omg it was soooo sore afterwards I cant beging to imagine what a 3rd or 4th degree feels like. poor you.

Its all worth it though hey :)

Funnily enough the episiotomy hurt more when it was healing. I think when the stitches started to dry out it got really painful because of where they were. The tear just healed with hardly any pain. Unfortunalty it's more the long term drawbacks of it...eg incontinence etc that I was more bothered about. So far so good though.

My tear is healing ok to look at but it does really sting when I have a wee. My sister in law told me hers still stings and she had her son 4 years ago! My sister had her son Bailey nearly 10 years ago and she says hers still stings too when she wees!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back