Think my baby is constipated since on solids.....

JSS

Reaction score
My little boy is currently on 2 meals a day. He is nearly 6 months old.

I started weaning about 5 weeks ago He usually has gluten free porridge with fruit puree for breakfast and vegetable for dinner with either yogurt or rice pudding for dessert. He is still taking about 20 oz of milk but seems to find it very hard to pass stools. He is straining and really pushing. When I check his nappy what he has passed is very firm and there isn't alot of it. He isn't going as often as he used to and I reckon he is constipated.

The past few days I have replaced the porridge and rice pudding with fruit and yogurt to see if it makes a difference but it hasnt so far.

Has anyone any suggestion on how I can make it easier for him to go.

It's a nightmare trying to get him to take water... he only takes about 1/4 oz then spits it out.

I had a look for some prune puree in the supermarket and Boots but couldn't find it.

Any suggestions would be great!..Thanks x

Hi Sam is exactlyu the same.

Took am to docs as he is so constipated that when he eventually poos, he tear and bleeds.

Doc recommended prune juice which we couldn't find in Boots but eventually got from Holland & Barretts on Friday.

We started him on friday, aturday he had 6 wet runny poo like his tummy was emptying and so much better since. :D

Thanks for the tip... I got some prune juice from the supermarket. It is already diluted and ready to drink should I dilute it further? How much did you give you litttle one? x

I didn't dilute it and gave him around 2-3oz at a time and it did s much good!

Good luck :)

i give luke prunes but i bought a pack and boiled them to make them soft and then pureed them, you can then add it it to his yoghurts and food etc. poor little men how horrible for them. hope the prune juice works soon x

Awww, bless....can't help with the prune juice, but with the water do you give it too him cool/ room temp?
Libby would only take water if it was slightly warm, now she'll take it as she gets it, but to start with I had to give her slightly warm water or she'd refuse it.

Well I gave him 3 oz yesterday morning... and nothing.. so I gave him another 3oz late afternoon...but still nothing!

He did poo but it was still hard!.. sorry tmi!

Maybe I will give him some more today?..what do you think?

I've tried the water at all temps... he just looks at me as if to say..."I know its not milk!" :roll:

Try some kiwi fruit mashed up, dont worry bout the 'pips', it's also good for constipation. Matilda was the same and only does a 'runny' poo probably once every few days else they're hardish,

We have progress!! :dance:

The prune juice seems to be working now. We had a "good" nappy before bed! :wink:

Thanks for the feedback x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back