Just wants solids

Miracle babe

Reaction score
Has anyone else found that once their little sweetheart has got a taste for solids then nothing else will do :roll:
I suppose I could take it as a compliment but all Rowan wants is mums home cooking, he positively looks at me with utter disgust if I bring out a bottle. He'd rather be noshing on a t bone steak, he even smiles and laughs if I mention bacon butties (he's not even tasted meat yet by the way :wink: )
I've worked out he has between 25-30 oz milk a day, is this ok as I thought milk should still be his main diet.
Here's his general day -
7am - 5oz milk
10 am - 6oz milk
12.30pm - Solids usually butternut squash, parsnip etc thickened with some porridge (its better than baby rice)
4pm - Banana puree or some fruit like papaya, mango etc
6.30 - 6-8oz
11pm - 8oz

Does this sound ok.? I'm really worried, I've even tried holding back on a solid feed and offering milk instead but all hell broke loose and he got so cross and upset I gave in.

Go Rowan!

Stanley's still not bothered about food and will choose milk every time, I'm struggling to get him interested at all :?

Milk is still the primary source of nutrition at his age and it sounds like he's getting plenty. I remember reading that a baby should have roughly 1.5oz each lb in weight (but don't quote me on that)

The food's just about introducing tastes for now. :D

Wow thanks Minxy that means Rowan should be having around 24oz a day. Thats really put my mind at rest. :D

ive been trying madi on a few bits over the last week and i done fresh banana with rusk an she ate the whole lot!!! i was so chuffed :D

it sounds to me as your plan for the day is great! :D

Katys the same & has been for ages.....& she has nothing like that amount of milk a day. Shes happy & HV is hapy so i'm happy.....she just likes her grub!!

Sounds like Rowan is doing really well :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back