Think I belong here! Meds,weak cervix and diabetes

Nemmaj

Reaction score
Hiya. I discovered I am pregnant today and although it am happy I am also filled with worry.

In 2006 I lost a baby at 24wks due to weak cervix and strep b. the consultant at the time would not do an emergency stitch as I was bleeding and 5cm dilated.
My boy just didn't make the birth and was born and angel.

In 2008 I became pregnant again and at 12 wks had the stitch with no problems. At my local hospital they did not measure the cervix at the time and agreed I could go to London fortnightly to have it done. At 21 wks the professor who carried out the measuring discovered that I was basically holding the baby on the stitch and he said the only thing he could advise was that I lay down and give myself high levels of progesterone.
All in all I was on bed rest for over 12wks and at 34 wks the stitch finally broke and they got my son out due to risk of infection. Unfortunately he did have an infection and I had a very traumatic birth and my son was whisked away from me....however he pulled through after a couple of weeks in neo natal... and I now have a happy healthy son.

It was also diabetic in pregnancy...is that likely to happen again? I have lost nearly 4 stone,but not sure if it's hormonal or diet?

The other worry I have is that I slipped my disks in my back and am on gaberpentin( for nerve damage) and Tramadol. I have a docs appointment Moro... I hope it has done any permanent damage, I know you cannot just stop these types of meds. Any advice would be greatly recieved.

I know it is early days....I had a very early miscarriage last year. I am trying to stay positive yet realistic....it's hard and not let my imangination run wild about names and buggies etc!

Frankly I,m happy but trying not to be just I case if that makes sense...

Thanks for listening.
Em

Hi Em!
Sadly I can't give you much advice on the medical stuff but I should imagine that you might be treated as high risk, but that means you should get plenty of attention from doctors to make sure this pregnancy runs smoothly :)
I'm so sorry about your experiences in the past it all sounds very traumatic and I can't imagine how you must have felt, but very glad that you now have a healthy boy, which is the main thing at the end of the day :)
Lots of luck with this pregnancy xo

Gosh you've been through it haven't you!

Well, great news that the stitch worked for you before. I was told I'd need it because I lost baby at 20weeks but turned out I didn't need one in the end. Had a bit of a crappy time with the second pregnancy though but this one has gone brilliantly, no complications at all. You will probably need the stitch again but just because you've had previous bad experiences doesn't mean this one will be :)

I think that if you had diabetes last time the risk of having it again is increased but with losing weight (well done btw) I think that will decrease the risk.

As northern said you will most likely get treated as high risk but that's not a bad thing :) hope all goes well

I hope this time it goes well for you take all the attention you need from docs and don't set a foot on the ground. Best of luck

Hi Nemmaj, I too have a weak cervix and lost my dd at 23.4 wks (Rebecca only survived for 47 mins) and we lost our ds at 19 wks (born asleep).

How was the cerclage procedure as I know I will need this and I'm feeling a bit nervous about it all.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back