• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Things you do to keep your mind off TTC

Mummy2Adam

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :wave:

As we all know ttc can easily take over your life! I was wondering what everyone does to keep there mind off it?

I taught myself how to knit last time i was ttc, I was knitting a blanket so I was thinking of carrying it on. I know it would be for the baby we are ttc but i dont really think of it like that when im doing it, im too scared of dropping a stitch!! x x

Im getting so bad at thinking about TTC!! It's taking over my life!! I even dream about being pregnant now!!

I would love to knit but I just cannot do it!!
I just get lots of DVDs and sweets chocolates and crisps with a brew and stuff my face in bed with the OH, I love snuggling up in the winter!! It always makes me so relaxed and at ease!
X

To be honest, to get away from TTC, I just log off PF! Being around hubby actually keeps me grounded, we don't talk very much about TTC aside from chatting about my OPKs.

The only time I feel surrounded by the issue is when I log online! Lol.

I also indulge in my secret love of oldie films. I love the Audrey Hepburn/Doris Day era. :) x x

I make jewellery to keep my mind occupied, just set up my own website for it, very exciting! Its my own personal therapy. I sometimes bake cakes as well, but the washing up is a bugger! lol

Oh i can knit... well, i can kind of knit... i can start and knit for a while but i can't stop because i don't know how to tie it all off so it just unravels again.

I almost made a scarf once :good:

I think it is just keeping yourself busy though, but more by yourself. I find that if i have to talk to people, i've turned into one of those boring people that just talks about me and my ttc.

"Aw baby this, urgh IVF that" :roll: I mean, i do that on here too but so does everyone :)

DIY, gardening, walking the dogs, going to Tesco, playing PC games.

Sometimes i start blaming the forum for my misery, but ultimately i think it is the only way i get it all out of my head and decongest my brain.

I stopped using the forum for a while once and i started having bursts of crying... i think because all my thoughts had been bubbling away for so long without acknowledgement.

Last edited:
Wine mostly........ :oooo: not a constructive answer, sorry :lol: xx

LoopyLouize I am with you! I just keep eating choccies and sweets, nearly gone through a tin of roses in a week, lucky for me i can afford to eat it all. I am ashamed to say that tonight I have eaten a full bowl of chocolate angel delight!

OH does seem to get a little bored with the TTC talk, thats where PF comes in! He is excited too though which is fab, just nursing him at the mo, has man flu at the mo you know how soft men are! ha

xxx

Ooohhhh you have made me so jealous .. I have just polished off a bag of milky way magic stars but could really eat a strawberry cream from a roses tin..
What's worse is a have JUST wrapped a big tin up and put it under the Xmas tree... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Im having naughty thoughts ( and NOT those type of naughty thoughts either lol)
I can't open them ... Im not going to be so mean and eat somebodys Xmas pressie!!!!
Xx

Last edited:
Its lovely to hear that we all have our own ways of dealing with the overactive thoughts of ttc :)

Love the idea of Jewellery making traci, it sounds great, you will have to post a link to your website hunny :)

Well i started on the blanket again last night :) did quite abit while flicking the tv between top 100 toys and sport personality of the year. Im hoping it carries on this way and i can atleast have the first patchwork square knitted before christmas x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I was pregnant I taught myself how to knit squares! I got lovely coloured wool and made loads then stitched them all together and added fringes and made the most beautiful blanket that my son loves more than any of his teddy bears as he loves to get his blanket and snuggle on my lap. Squares are easy ladies, set yourself a challenge to learn! As for me, I just focus on work to take mind off things...

I taught myself by watching the beginners clips on youtube and went from there, i find it really relaxing and i know after all the time and hardwork im going to have a lovely blanket to wrap my bundle of joy in :) x x

exercise. it's what I do whenever there's something on my mind. clears my mind AND leaves me with that endorphin rush.

Loving walking in the snow at the mo. Feels like proper exercise and so pretty too

I'm knitting as well:) A sweater to DH. It's the only thing I'm really obsessed with now because I'm not sure I will finish it before Christmas.

And, I make my own sweets;) Many different flavours and colours! Thinking about giving some sweets to my family for Christmas.

Other stuff I do to keep my mind of is;
- Exercising (talk a walk, run etc)
- Baking
- Domestic work (there's always something to do)
- Hang out with friends who does NOT talk about TTC or babies.

I have always wanted to try to make Jewellery - you have to post a link to your website so we can see:)

LouiseB: I know the feeling...I sometimes think I shouldn't spend so much time on the forums, but if I'm not here at all, all my feelings just build up, and I suddenly burst into tears...so I need the forums to talk about these things with other people that feel the same way. It's therapy.

Hey M2A,

Me and OH like nothing more than snuggling up in the evening with a DVD and lots of chocolate!

During the day i like to read, I can knit too as my gran is a pro knitter and she taught me not done any in ages tho.

I'm going to have to learn to knit now! I had an amazing dream last night that I got my BFP with a clear blue test (funnily enough it's my second dream of getting a BFP with that brand!) and this morning I woke up feeling extra maternal, I think it'd be amazing to knit baby accessories, booties etc. My nan is a pro and she always knits a bundle of goodies for her great grandchildren. Looking forward to getting mine!! x x

Fx it wont be a dream for long and you will be holding that test in your hand very soon.

Your nan could teach you missj, im sure she would like that :) x x

Thanks hun. I really hope January continues the bumper of BFPs for us all. :)

Although in my dream I was surrounded by people I didn't know who were all congratulating me saying how they were so excited. :confused: x x

Thanks hun. I really hope January continues the bumper of BFPs for us all. :)

Although in my dream I was surrounded by people I didn't know who were all congratulating me saying how they were so excited. :confused: x x

Maybe it was us lot from the forum! We're all so happy for you we have a huge party!!!

i was just thinking that tracey....you dont really know us missj, well not like your close family and friends
i cant knit but i can croche....erm duno hoe to spell it thats with one needle with a little hook at the end!!
i did alfie a blanket when i was preggers with him and he still has it, tatty old thing now, i think if i started doing it again my mum wud think i was pregnant so im not going to do that lol !!!
i just concentrate on the little munchkin i have got n he takes up all my time especially the run up to crimbo!!!!

Last edited:
Lol I did think that as well!!

Must have been a heck of a party because the next thing I know I was on a plane on my way to a holiday. ALONE! :confused: x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back