Come off Dianette and TTC...

hollybaby

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just come off dianette and now TTC... Heard so many horror stories about it affecting fertility, and how you should wait for months before TTC, until it's ''out of your system''..?? (Doc said i would be fertile as soon as i stopped taking the pill but im confused!)
I was wondering if anyone here was in a similar position, or knew of any nice success stories!

Any info would be helpful..

**Sending you all baby dust **

xhollybabyx

Sorry not much use chick, but im sure someone will be along soon to answer your questions. Good luck in you TTC journey xxx

Oh yay!!! Sorry but i am happy that you mention Dianette (not found many people that have been on it)! I came off it nearly a month ago now.

I too read such horror stories, the increase risk of DVT was my breaking point tbh. I am going on a long haul flight soon and the higher risk was worrying me. Plus the risk of liver disease was overputting! Why the docs are still prescribing this pill, i just dont know- have heard its banned in places

I feel so much better now i am off it...though i am having a few bouts of anxiety which is triggered by hormonse change. My sking is holding up for now, just a under the skin spot (ouch!) on my forehead so far.

Anyway i am pretty sure i ovulated around ten days ago...and am now just waiting for AF or BFP!

Might be best for you to buy some OPKs on ebay so that you can figure out if you are ovulating yet. I literally started OPKs a couple days after withdrawel bleed.

How long were you on it for? I was only on it for a year.

Hi Holly,

Hope you're well.

I'm 28 and I came off Dianette to try and conceive on the 29th May this year after taking it for 10 years, I had a withdrawl bleed a couple of days after that and have not had a period since so its been about 40 days since my last period.

I've done a couple of tests just to make sure I wasn't pregnant and they've both been negative so I'm assuming my period has not returned to normal as a result of taking Dianette for so long.

I was wondering if you have had your had your natural period since your last post??

Also I've bought some OPK's but don't know if there is any point in using them before I've had a natural period, have you tried them??

x

Hi I have known a number of women on diannette and not had any complications its a strong pill but a lot are I had horrific reactions to microgynon mood swings like you wouldnt believe I was going mad. The older generation pills were always coming with strong side affect warnings hey. But the upside was the reasons you were taking it, when you get bad skin flare ups etc. Hold on it will be out of your system soon big hug xxx

I came of Dianette... I'm so annoyed at myself for taking it!! I had my implanon out in Feb and wasn't ready to try then and had really bad skin so my GP perscribed Dianette - did give me great skin tho. I knew we wanted to start ttc this year! Wish I had read about the horror stories back then.

It's been 2 months and have been using opk's but doesn't look like I'm ovulating and I'm having AF's irregulary.

Last edited:
I was on dianette for 8 years before ttc. I had no idea about any horror stories but was aware it was a strong pill. It took me about 5 months to fall preg afterwards so I guess I'm lucky

hi all new to this, I was on Dianette for 6 years then came off in Dec 2009 as my doc advised a break, I had my 1st 'natural' period on 18th Jan and got caught pregnant on 26th Jan.. I was totally shocked at first as I really didnt expect to catch at all never mind so soon. Unfortunately I had complications and well.. at only 4 weeks things took a turn for the worse but I honestly dont think Dianette had done anything bad to my body!
My partner and I are planning for a baby again but I'm back on Dianette and I'm worried about the whole timing of coming off the pill .. can anyone advise?
thanks x

I am in no position to advise, but I can say when I came off dianette I didn't have a normal period again for months, and then my cycle wasn't the same as when I started taking it - not saying it's to blame for that but I would think if you are planning on ttc soon come off it in time for things to get back to normal before ttc - it would be horrible for you to come off ready ttc and then be stuck waiting months for your body to sort itself out.

Hi Hun,

I was the same as you caught second cycle then M/C, I think it does really mess up your natural hormone levels, I'm actually having some tests and I'm interested to see what the results are.

Early M/C can be caused by not enough Progesterone, now I know that most pills have mix of Estrogens and Progesterone however Dianette does not have any Progesterone.

I believe it will take a little while for the hormones to restore balance and start producing progesterone again properly. (Not fact just my opinion)

I'm having the day 21 blood test that tests for Progesterone after ovulation this month so I'll let you know how it goes.

Good luck with everything.

xx

Hi. I was on dianette about 3/4 years ago for a year or so. Moved house and docs and the doc was suprised that I was on it for longer than 4 months. Was really annoyed at my old doc for not saying anything. It was to do with risk of high bp i think though. Sure you'll be fine hun. Fx for you.x

Hey all,

Just come off dianette and now TTC... Heard so many horror stories about it affecting fertility, and how you should wait for months before TTC, until it's ''out of your system''..?? (Doc said i would be fertile as soon as i stopped taking the pill but im confused!)
I was wondering if anyone here was in a similar position, or knew of any nice success stories!

Any info would be helpful..

**Sending you all baby dust **

xhollybabyx

when i was ttc i came off dianette. didnt have a period fr 9 months. this does not mean it will happen to you. however, i am now expecting my second, so it had no affect on my fertility at all. just take time for the body to kick start into action again.

dont worry, you wil get there xx

Welcome and best of luck!! You're in the best possible place for tons of help and advice! As well as a few laughs! :)

xxx

I was on diannette before one of mine babies and I must have stupidly missed one pill! I fell pregnant and everything luckily was ok with baby, just didn't know my dates , so early scan told me them roughtly.
He is now 11 and happy and well.

I'm sorry you have had a tricky time, allow a few months just incase , let your cycles tell you your dates , and get in a good pattern, as that's really good to know too. When he came out they still reackoned he was less weeks than they thought and he stayed in scbu for 2 weeks, (but could be unrelated to not knowing dates).

I used a 3 mthly jab for contraception after this baby, I'm not to be trusted!
good luck TTC Hun X

Hi

I was on diameter for 16 plus yrs, have just stopped takin in sept, so first month tryin! My doc said as soon as u stop takin it it's out your system so to try straight away. I suppose it just depends how uickly your body adjusts.

From reading on here I'm sure I've ovulated but since then feel nothing ( in terms of preg symptoms), but emotionally I've been bad, sore boobs and just tired and unwell! But I just put it all down to the pill.

Hopefully u will adjust, I'd like to hear how you get on!
Xxxxx

I am 28 and came off dianette in June. Was on it for 11 years and was quite scared after reading all the negative comments about ttc. The first 3 cycles were a bit irregular but now it's pretty normal give or take 4 days. My skin is not as bad as I thought it would be, I get very bad flare ups midcycle but only on my chin, the rest of my face is clear (my back and chest also have a few spots but not as bad as pre dianette). Bought opk strips on amazon and have been pretty obbsessive and testing all the time! I haven't had any definate positive results, some very thin test lines so I'm not sure if that points to me ovulating. I'm going to keep up the opks for another 2 months and if I don't have any luck will go to GP to get their opinion. Don't want to waste any time if somethings wrong want to be pg as soon as possible!! Good luck ladies x

Hey all,

Just wanted to update on my last post 2 days ago got BFP!!!! So after such a long time on dianette it took just 6 months to conceive!! Good luck all x

Congratulations!! Xxx that's fab news!!

I think the body takes a while to get back to its usual self after the pill. Us ladies shouldn't lose hope but give it time :)

Awww! That's great news!!

I saw the title of the thread and thought...."Good luck to you!!"

It was only when I read on I saw the good news!!

Congratulations!!

Great to see good news from some else who was on Dianette!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back