Things I took for granted before I got pregnant...

MrsLG

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Hope this does not read wrong - I love being pregnant and am so grateful for this miracle that i am privileged too but thought it might be fun to make a list things we didn't realise were easy to do and that we took for granted before we got pregnant:

For me it's not being able to eat some of my fave foods such as runny poached eggs and rare steak....also today I came back to my parked car and some very kind person had parked right next to my driver door which I then couldn't squeeze into because of my baby bump - I then had to try and clamber over from the passenger side, over the gear box and squeeze into my sea which took about 20 mins to manage! must've looked a right sight! Lol, like a beached whale, :oooo: :lol:

Anyone else? :)

Ah bless you... Maybe pregnant women should have signs to put in our cars to ask people to leave us more space for getting in and out!! I'm a teacher and have found it a struggle recently to get in and out of the rows to help students lately and have to keep asking them to squiggle in so I can squeeze past!

The thing I miss is not having energy, I am permanently tired and have forgotten what it even feels like to be energised!! X

I miss not being able to do things for myself like lift things or going up a ladder to change a light bulb etc.

Bending
Stretching over things such as a work top to close a window
Sleeping comfortably

If I was more awake I could probs add a lot more, not things I miss but things I didn't know before I was pregnant

I miss a decent nights sleep! I'm waking every few hours

I'm definitely thinking how stupid I was thinking I was a bit fat before I got pregnant. I really hope I can get back to my normal size.

I really miss being able to do little things like putting on my own underwear easily!! I'm 37 weeks now and bending down to get dressed isn't easy.

The hardest thing food wise was making cakes. I didn't realise how much I enjoyed eating half of the cake mix!!

Call me a perve but the only thing I really miss is rough sex haha! ;)

I miss being able to see my toes :( There's something you take for granted every day :p And dear god the pain that's come from my swollen ankles is horrible! I can not WAIT until they return to their normal size!

I miss nothing ha ha its all tiring, a bit uncomfy but fab, its going so fast im going to treasure these last 15 weeks ish

I am looking forward tho to xmas , ive had jan, jan, feb and march babies before so always miss out on pate and brie at xmas which i love, this time i shall be holding my baby in november and muching away with everyone else this xmas ( after a quick few weeks of post baby diet!) perfect timing!!

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Hope this does not read wrong - I love being pregnant and am so grateful for this miracle that i am privileged too but thought it might be fun to make a list things we didn't realise were easy to do and that we took for granted before we got pregnant:

For me it's not being able to eat some of my fave foods such as runny poached eggs and rare steak....also today I came back to my parked car and some very kind person had parked right next to my driver door which I then couldn't squeeze into because of my baby bump - I then had to try and clamber over from the passenger side, over the gear box and squeeze into my sea which took about 20 mins to manage! must've looked a right sight! Lol, like a beached whale, :oooo: :lol:

Anyone else? :)

I agree could eat a cow alive I want a rare steak that much!
I've started parking in the mother and baby spaces when shopping because my car is cartoon low to get out of haha, noones said anything to me yet. X

I miss nothing ha ha its all tiring, a bit uncomfy but fab, its going so fast im going to treasure these last 15 weeks ish

I am looking forward tho to xmas , ive had jan, jan, feb and march babies before so always miss out on pate and brie at xmas which i love, this time i shall be holding my baby in november and muching away with everyone else this xmas ( after a quick few weeks of post baby diet!) perfect timing!!

Ohhh I didn't think about that but yay for brie and pate, oh how I have missed them!!! Super excited now! :D xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back