Grrrrr Work Colleague.....

ASD123456

Reaction score
....well this person has been diffcult throught my pregnancy, she keeps saying things about pregnant women acting up and taking things for granted etc. We were talking this afternoon and the subject of pregnant women and public transport came up, I was told 'I wouldn't get up for you, you don't need to sit down, your perfectly healthy'!! :x I lost it a bit at that point and told her that it was people like her that angered me.

Now I'm not suggesting I'm at deaths door in any way shape or form but I really don't want to have to stand for an hour to work and back every day, it's a lot more difficult when your pregnant.

Am I being OTT or do you feel the same too?

Alex xxx

I agree with you. Bet she has never been pregnant.

No your not being OTT and to be fair theres no need for comments like that, i would tell her in future that if she hasn't got anything good or anything or any importance to say to you then to keep her thoughts and opinions to herself. Silly woman, i hate people like her.

I agree too, and no hun, you're not being OTT. Granted - hormones don't help, but still, she didn't need to make that comment!

I for sure would feel a little annoyed if I was left standing.

Yes, we are healthy - pregnancy isn't an illness, but we're in more discomfort than most and therefore with that in mind, yes we should be priority on public transport (after OAPs though).

Don't worry though :hug: she's probably jealous of the attention you're getting!!

xx

i feel faint if i stand for too long, so i'd like to see her say that again if i fell over jsut because she wouldn't stand up!
I dont mind people not doing it as much atm as i'm not heavily pregnant and always wear a coat, but i will be awful in the summer if people arnt considerate :hug:

Your not being OTT at all. She is just rude with no manners!!
As danni said she's probably a bit annoyed by the attention your getting.
Try not to worry about it, people like her aren't worth it!! :hug:

I agree with Dannii, she's probably jealous.

She probably doesn't realize she's making herself look bad when she says these things. All you have to do next time she says something like that is: "Well... that comment sure says a lot about you..." and watch her fluster.

Or: "I was taught as a little girl to give up my seat for those who need it more than me. It's called manners."

I don't think you were OTT at all, I would have felt pretty peeved myself, it would have seemed like a personal attack to me if somebody nattered on about how pregnant women act up and stuff.

Thanks girls you made me feel better ad not like a hormonal loon. I'm going to try an avoid her comments in future, they are just said to annoy me.

Alex xxx

You're definitely not OTT. This woman sounds just plain selfish and nasty. I'd get annoyed with comments like that even if I wasn't pregnant myself. I hate it when I see people not standing on public transport for OAPs or pregnant ladies.

I hate people that have that attitude- you were most definatly not being ott. I have to go from waterloo each day to the end of the central line and it is hell if i don't get a seat. I'm so much more tired than i have ever been in my life and find it hard to stand if the train is jolting as it pulls at my stomach. I have a 'friend' who says its not fair that women who work and choose to have babies get to have maternity leave and expect all these 'extra' perks at work. i'm sure she wouldn;t think twice about ignoring a pregnant woman on the train too- as she pays too. Ugghhh, it riles me.

:shock: I think it's rude too!! I bet she's one of those people who doesn't have any maternal instincts-it drives me mad when people like that go on about pregnant people exaggerating and babies being a pain!! They need to keep their commenst to their self when hormonal pregnant women are around!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

she had no right, your not ott, and if she ever gets pregnant she sounds like one who'll be first to complain when people are making her stand at 5 weeks pregnant

she's just jealous that ur soon gunna have a cute likkle baby :) laugh at her next time x

Hi,

And if she ever gets pregnant I'd bet anything she'd change her mind pretty quickly!!!!!! Maybe she's got a problem with you because she's jelous - you never really know what is going on in peoples' heads, or what they've been through!!!!

Easier said than done I guess, but I'd say just try and ignore her, or make light of her comments.

All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back