• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Things I have learnt from the last couple of weeks

Annie050408

Reaction score
Hi all

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone who has given me advice over the past couple of weeks- you are a fab bunch.

Just wanted to share the benefit of my 1st months experience on this forum with any newbies- most of this was new information to me at the grand old age of (nearly) 30!!

1) If you have had unprotected sex in the 5-7 days leading up to Ovulation or on the day of or couple of days ovulation - yes, you could be pregnant.

2) Sperm can live for up to 7 days once past the cervix but usually up to about 72 hours or there abouts.

3) Symptoms of pregnancy are stupidly similar to those of upcoming AF?! :wall2:

4) If you can possibly wait, the best time to test is on the day AF was due or after.

5) Don't waste money on v expensive pregnancy tests- and if you do, don't buy loads of them like I did- what a waste of cash!?! Loads of people on here have got them through zoombaby.com and they seem perfectly reliable.

6) If you are TTC you need to know when you ovulate!! (I still don't really and am even more confused after last month)

7) You should not get obsessed with TTC, it's not healthy and the stress can mess up your cycle (as I found out!).

8) It seems that even if the timing is correct and you are both healthy and relatively young, you could still only have around a 25% chance of conceiving each month (- I think that one was the most surprising to me.)

9) The people on this forum are warm and caring and always there to lend a caring ear.

10) It is nice to click the 'Thanks' button for others - I only discovered this button a couple of days ago and have been clicking like mad since.

I'll be keeping an eye on the boards to see how you all get along with TTC and will be back when we are officially trying.

Thanks again ladies and baby :dust: to all those TTC. xxx

Thanks hun, thats really useful :)

Thanks! Am a newbie to this too, is really hard TTC and am upset that im not pregnant already as my sister got prego straight away! Not fair!! Anyways fingers crossed that this will be my month, should be getting AF xmas eve so hopefully this santa wont come!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back