Couple of ovulation questions

Charlie5

Reaction score
Hi

Have just come off pill (end of June) and 1st month TTC and have a couple questions that are confusing me - can you help? May be being thick but here goes: :oops:

1) Can you have AF without ovulating? I assumed not as assumed that you have af after egg is not fertilised so if no egg no period right?

2) When do you test for ovulation? Do I have to test every day?

Yes,you can have a period and not ovulate, but I read if you have regular periods chances are you're ovulating.
Not sure when people test for ovulation, but I heard it can start as early as cd6.

OK..........you did ask :D

When you start using them, I suggest using them twice a day - once in the afternoon about 2-3pm, and then again before you go to bed - you cant use OPK's first thing in the morning due to the strength of your urine, and you may get a false positive!

The month I started using the OPK's, I starting using them a week early than the instructions told me to, and am so glad I did - I used them one afternoon and had a faint line (around CD 11), used them again that evening and the line was darker - so got Bd'ing that night, the next afternoon there was no line at all - which means I ovulated very very quickly, and if I hadnt tested again that evening I would have missed ovulation altogether!!

Also I never ever had a very dark line, and never had a line darker than the control line or even the same colour as it, so take the darkest line you get as a positive and get BD'ing (again ignore the instructions and dont fret if the line isnt that dark, keep testing and BD'ing until the line fades again)!!

I got my BFP first month using them (cheapie ebay ones, I bought a pack of 25), and had only been off the pill for 6 weeks (after 18 years of taking it).

Hope that helps.......... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back