The problem with blogs...(I'm in trouble!)

charliebeth

Reaction score
You see, I have three blogs. One on Multiply, which my family view and use, and two on blogger, one's my original rant and sound off blog, the other was a small one I set us a couple of months ago to chart out TTC. No one from my family or his knows about these two.

Multiply has a handly little tool which lets you post on it, and it automatically posts what you've put onto another blog that you have, like blogger, and it's really handy so you don't have to type up the same thing twice ifit applies to more than one blog.

BUT

I found out this afternoon that it now works BOTH WAYS when I posted on my TTC on blogger that I've got a BFP, with photo of pee stick, and shortly after started getting congratulation emails....not from family, but friends of family, who promptly called up said family members to congratulate them too.

Including my mother in law, who didn't know yet!

Infact - NO ONE KNEW YET! And finding out via blog is not the best way to be told. Neithr is being told that you have a grandchild on the way by someone who - though much loved - isn't even family.

So I've made some rappid phone calls to mum, and mum in law. I've tried to get hold of dad before step mum sees the blog, but he lives in france and not answering his phone!

IT'S NEVER DONE THAT BEFORE, HOW WAS I TO KNOW?

I need some words of reasurance that I'll be forgiven for this MASSIVE error! Has anyone else had a blogging disaster like this???

Nope, but cos this is a public forum I have people who I dont even like coming on and seeing everything I write about. Does my head in :roll:

Then they'll talk to me on MSN and say 'Oh sorry to hear about such and such' or whatever and Im like WTF, its creepy :talkhand:

Ooh, that's unfortunate.
You'll just have to come clean and explain I suppose.They'll forget about it eventually- a new arrival is a new arrival, no matter how they find out.Blogs are certainly dodgy things- I've gotten into trouble a couple of times myself, over various things, mainly because my friend's mother reads all her blogs/friends blogs :?

Guess I'll have to just grin and bare it.

At least I'm not the only one who's been there! Don't feel like as much of a muppet now!

Thanks girls

One of the reasons I don't use blogs and never post personal details/information on the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back