• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The oil of evening primrose works!!!!

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
I posted about having a sweep next week and was advised by Happybunny (thank you lady!) to stick a capsule of primrose oil in my flu to help loosen up my cervix in preparation for the sweep and ITS WORKING!!! Woo hoo!

I have lost loads of my plug in the past 2 days. I think Bubs is also completely engaged now cos im permanently on the loo needing a wee!

So fingers crossed they will be able to do the sweep successfully next Thursday! Or even better, bubs may come of his own accord before then! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Fantastic news hun!!

I used evening primrose and it did balls all haha so maybe ur ready anyway? :think:

happy_chick said:
Fantastic news hun!!

I used evening primrose and it did balls all haha so maybe ur ready anyway? :think:

Ooo maybe! I dont care though cos either way things seem to be moving in the right direction!! :dance: :dance:

I said I had to wait for you and kim to have your babies so now you have.......

COME ON JAMES!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Is this a secret tip with Evening Primrose????? :D

are you sure its safe to put it up your ninny? :think:

Glad things are looking like they are moving for you.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I believe so

Happybunny was told by her midwife. It contains the same stuff as sperm which relaxes the cervix. I did some research and its fine to put it up after 36 weeks, before that you can take it orally.

J-Do1979 said:
I believe so

Happybunny was told by her midwife. It contains the same stuff as sperm which relaxes the cervix. I did some research and its fine to put it up after 36 weeks, before that you can take it orally.

Wow thats a great tip then! :)

lou said:
J-Do1979 said:
I believe so

another great tip is to only insert the capsule in its entirity of a night when you go to bed, cos if you do that in the day it tends to leak out and makes it look like you have p*ssed yourself.....

clearly I dont know this from experience. A friend told me.....

:oops: :oops:

:fib:

J-Do1979 said:
lou said:
[quote="J-Do1979":3j7rw8ns]I believe so

another great tip is to only insert the capsule in its entirity of a night when you go to bed, cos if you do that in the day it tends to leak out and makes it look like you have p*ssed yourself.....

clearly I dont know this from experience. A friend told me.....

:oops: :oops:

:fib:[/quote:3j7rw8ns]

haha :rotfl: pissy pants

Never heard that one, will pass it on to preggo friends!! Telling them to only insert it at night will depend on how much I like them..... :rotfl:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: That is excellent!!! I am definately going to do it now come 36 weeks. Hooray for the internet!
(I found the info on the net and then asked my NCT teacher if it was ok)

if u can reach ur cervix, then burst the capsule and massage the oil over your cervix, works even quicker then.

I did it with my second pregnancy towards the end. One day I discovered a soggy capsule of the lounge carpet all covered in fluff......it had fallen out of me, right down my trouser leg....... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
So my tip, do it at night! :lol:

Anyway, good signs, looks like there's another bubba on the way soon!!! Good luck!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

so now you tell me......... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i shall be keeping this in mind if nothings moving in the next couple of days

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen