Evening primrose oil

My bh have definitely increased and I haven't seen the mw yet but I've got an appointment tomOrrow :) fx it works for us hehe x

Hmm I thought I'd give the nipple stimulation a go this morning so I read up on how to do it 'properly' and the website I found said to do 5 mins on one nipples, wait for 15 mins and 5 mins on the other one, wait for 15 mins and so on for an hour and dont stimulate if you feel a contraction. Well I did it for an hour and I definitely had some very strong painful contractions, just no pattern to them at all. Now experiencing some period pains and feel sick and (sorry if TMI) I just went for number 2 and while it wasnt as bad as diarrhoea it wasnt far off if you know what I mean?? Hopefully its started something!! xx

Ooooh maybe you're having the pre-labour "clear out" good luck hun x

ooo gud luck hun,nipple stimulation does cause me strong bh's but as soon as i stop so do they.if your gettin period pains now maybe its worked 4 u fx hun xxx

Yeah I stopped at around 9.10ish when I'd done it for an hour. I dont think they're contractions, they're just pains at the moments but when I do get one it really hurts. Hopefully if I do a couple more hours today it'll fully kick things off lol xx

Lauren, are u taking RLT and evening primrose? Is it ok to do both do u know? xx

I'm taking one RLT capsule and about 3 EPO caps a day and as far as I'm aware its fine to take them both. I hope it is anyway lol x

Did a quick google and found this info on another forum website

After reading the fab thread about them on this forum, I drew up my own plan, and just wondered how many other B'n'B'ers are taking one or either of them?
(Thread explaining about them - Raspberry Leaf Tea (RLT) & Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) FAQ)

Q: What does RLT do?
A: Raspberry leaf tea is said to tone the muscles of the uterus, helping them to contract more efficiently during labour. Research has found that taking it during the weeks prior to delivery helps to shorten the 2nd stage of labour by making contractions more effective. Some studies have also found that it reduces the need for an assisted delivery (i.e. an emergency cesarean or use of forceps or ventouse).

Q: Does RLT induce labour?
A: No. This is a misconception; raspberry leaf tea doesn't actually help to bring on labour at all.

Q: What does EPO do?
A: Evening primrose oil helps to soften the cervix by providing prostaglandins and the components the body needs to make prostaglandins.

Q: Does EPO induce labour?
A: While some lay midwives argue that it does, almost all sources with experience agree that it does nothing that the body was not ready to do on its own.

My plan
32 wks - 1 cup RLT
33 wks - 2 cups RLT
34 wks - 3 cups RLT, 1 EPO orally
35 wks - 4 cups RLT, 2 EPO orally
36 wks - 5 cups RLT, 1 EPO orally, 1 vaginally
37 wks - 5 cups RLT, 1 EPO orally, 2 vaginally
38 wks + - 5 cups RLT, 2 EPO orally, 2 vaginally

At the moment I'm only taking 1 RLT capsule (500mg strength) and 3 x EPO (500mg) and inserting 1 vaginally at night time. Also drinking the odd cup of RLT during the day as I wanted to use the tea bags up lol. Hope this helps hun xxxx.

Last edited:
ive had strong contractions today from the nipple stimulation to the point i thought this was it lol just for them to stop....
but each day I do it they are a lot stronger and with the contractions comes the bowl movement too lol

my contractions are so stop start at the moment its quite annoying but i hope when it does start it is quick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back