The MMR jab

Just wanted to add, that although I have had my eldest two vaccinated, and Freya will be in a few weeks, I do not at all supoport the governments pledge to stop children starting school until they have had the vaccine, I think it is disgusting and nothing short of bribary, you should be able to make your own informed decisions about your healthcare, not be bullied into a decsision by them.
Incidently I did the mmr debate for my nursing research assignment, I read many medical articles and still stand by my decision. I certainly don't think I am 'brainwashed', and know I am making the right choice for my girls. I do think it is really important to look at 'herd immunity', without which we would still be subject to many horrible diseases.

Warley said:
Sammystar said:
Thank goodness the majority of the population are informed enough to get their kids vaccinated.

Brainwashed more like!

:roll: why do people feel the need to resort to insulting someone who doesn't agree with them.

At the end of the day we all do our best for our children. I am not fully decided yet, I still have a lot more reading to do on the subject. I am leaning, at the moment, towards getting it done. As others said the benefits seem to outweigh the possibility of Autism and others. I still need to read though so jury is out.

I just don't see why the above comment needs to be made, like Beanie said.. she has done a lot of reading/research and she can only go with her gut feeling and do what she feels best for her child. The same as the people who have read/researched the subject and have decided to get the MMR done feel they are doing the best by their child.

To say we have been brainwashed is an insult and a silly comment to make :?

We are all parents trying to do the best by our children.

Warley said:
I can't believe how aggressive everyone is getting on this thread! I also feel that there is a lot of brain-washing put out by the government..if they want you to believe something then they will make you believe it. Most of the websites are from the NHS (government organisation) and newspaper websites (again they just re-ierate what the government say).

I am by no means a pharmacologist, but I have worked as a research scientist in the past and I know that you would never publish a paper unless you were 100% sure of the findings, and they also gets read and approved by another scientist; if this was just a load of old rubbish then why didn't it get rejected? I am sure that in the field of medicine the rules are even more stringent, because you have your reputation on the line...and again I feel it's horrendous that this doctor who may have found an important link has been treated so badly.

I feel it's appalling that people are agreeing that a child shouldn't be allowed to enter school without being vaccinated...we're supposed to live in a democracy not a dictatorship!

I didnt mean for this thread to cause argument at all, but IMO some may not agree but i completley agree with the above comment of a how you child should not not be allowed into a school if not vaccinated. some may not agree so if you dont please just ignore! :D
and i know all are doing what they believe is best for their child, we have all had different upbringings so approach parenting differently, i would not expect some one to follow what i do by my son on their child if they do not fully believe i it in their hearts :D
We're all parents arent we :lol: 8) :dance:

Terribly sorry didn't mean to cause offence, but it's like other people have said...it's just my opinion on a subject that I feel strongly about. Didn't think I was actually insulting people and if you look at Beanies response she certainly didn't take it to heart, but I appologise nontheless.

So far no one has actually given me any scientific evidence to say it is safe they have only reiterared what the government have told us all to believe...media hype!

Warley said:
So far no one has actually given me any scientific evidence to say it is safe they have only reiterared what the government have told us all to believe...media hype!

Isn't that the point though, it's not up to anyone on here to give you scientific fact either side of the fence. It's up to each individual to research themselves and reach a decision they are happy with for their own child.

Warley said:
Sorry I mean't Sammystar not Beanie!

No worries, Certainly didn't take any comment to heart. Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

One thing I'm curious about though: Do you think that the erradication of smallpox, the controlling of TB through BCG (and the drug resistant strain which we are now seeing making a comeback in areas where the BCG isn't as common), and the control of illnesses such as diptheria, polio, tetanus and meningitis is all 'media hype' as well? Do you think any one 'body' (Government/Pharma Companies/or media) is powerful enough to create such a 'myth'? And if so, then to what end? If it's true that it's all media hype...... then I'm pretty damn scared! :?

Sammystar I am totally with you that vaccination is a good thing, my child will be having all the rest and even the single MMR if we can find somewhere that does it!

.... there is just something wierd about the triple MMR, so many questions that haven't been answered...Like surely they want you to have your child vaccinated, so why don't the NHS give you the choice for the people who are unsure, rather than have people not have their child vaccinated? Or even better just scrap the triple and give everyone the single, if they are SO worried about measles Mumps and Rubella coming back?

It is probably totally safe but I feel the public get lied to so often about everything I have lost trust in what we are told to believe.

Warley said:
It is probably totally safe but I feel the public get lied to so often about everything I have lost trust in what we are told to believe.

And it's absolutely OK to question things - I can totally understand that. That's why it's great that we live in this high tech age where we can access so much information from our living rooms.

Sifting through all the information isn't easy, but worth it. Which is why I feel that anybody who refuses to vaccinate their children AT ALL cannot possibly be well informed.

I hadn't realised that it was so difficult to opt out of the triple vaccine in the UK though. I agree they should make it easier for parents with concerns to get the single doses.

I chose for keeley not to have the mmr jab for my own reasons but she did have them done singley (sp) yeah it cost me quite alot of money but i wouldn't have been happy with her having the mmr :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back