The kindness of strangers

Cherrybelly

Reaction score
I went into the city centre today to meet my dad to go shopping (I never told him I was pregnant as he's a worrier so was gonna wait until 12wk scan next week) so obv I was feeling fragile what with it being 24 hrs since my worst fears were concerned and I went into a little cafe to get some breakfast whilst I waited for him. Anyway, the waiter in there was so lovely and polite and could prob see I was upset (my eyes are super puffy right now) and he made me feel so much better, if only for a little while. Just wish that waiter knew how he made my day a little bit brighter...

I experienced something similar. Went in for a scan at 8 + 5 as I was worried sick something wasnt right as no real symptoms and I had to sit in the waiting room for an hour and 20 mins as they didn't know I was there thanks to reception. There was a lady sat near, that started to make conversation and she explained that she was there to see if a lump they found was cancer, and I said I was there to see if my baby was ok. She cam over and started rubbing my leg and was very concerned for me as I was on my own and she was lovely, which made me cry. Then I said I'd be ok and was concerned for her. She explained that her husband had vascular dementia and if she needed op she didn't know how he would cope etc etc. and she was sat here worried about me!! Anyway, as I was sat there sooo long i was still there when she came out and it was good news for her and it was a large cyst. She sat with me again and asked if she could have my number so she could call me to see how I got on. Well I was gobsmacked. Anyway, she made that whole wait much more easier for me and I had great news as everything was bang on track and going well. My mum passed away 10 years ago when she was 52 from cancer and I thought she sent this angel that day to be with me and make sure I was ok. Silly i know! I called her as promised and told Her the good news and she said it was the best thing she heard for a long time. This was my stranger that helped!

Sorry that what's so long winded lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back