the coil / bleeding

GBLiz

Reaction score
I had the non-hormone coil put in on tuesday. Im breastfeeeding and havent had any periods yet. The nurse said it doesnt change the frequency of periods , so if im not having any now i probably shouldnt have any bleeding . But ive been bleeding slightly for the last 3 days. Is that ok??? i havent had any pain

I expect the bleeding is just because the cervix has been disturbed during insertion. It should stop soon. Nothing to worry about, it won't bring your periods back :hug: :hug:

:think: im still bleeding slightly...thats 12 days now.....??

my sister had that put in it was fine for a few weeks but then she bleed badly for a few months with only a few days stopppage she has now had it taken out
xx

i was told it was the hormone coil that caused a lot of bleeding?

thats what she was told but that one made her bleed loads instead think its different for different people
xx

I would ask your doctor about it to be on the safe side. I had mine inserted during my period and the bleeding stopped after 9 days. Not had any bleeding since apart from some spotting half way through my cycle.
I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, it sometimes takes the body a while to adjust after a coil is fitted :hug: :hug:

gymbabeliz said:
i was told it was the hormone coil that caused a lot of bleeding?
:think:

The mirena coil has progesterone hormone in it that thins the lining of the uterus, eventually preventing all lining creation and reduced bleeding as a result. In most cases you won't get a period but occasionally the opposite happens which is listed as a rare side effect, but in general if you want no periods its the hormone one you should go for.

With the copper coil... the common side effects are non cycle bleeding and extended, heavier and more painful periods, as they can irritate the uterus and cervix.

Give it some time, you might find it settles down after a month... but basically you have a foreign object in you uterus, so expect it to be a tad grumpy :D

it was just that the dr said i prob wouldnt bleed at all...i just rang nhs line to put my mind at ease and they said its probably fine, it can irritate the womb lining for a while.....as long as i dont have pains or fever etc . its not a lot of bleeding so i'll run with it for now

i guess when my periods eventually come back i'll have to see what the bleeding is like then. i hope this contraception will suit me cos im running out of options !!

not that im even having sex lol :rotfl: the implanon made sure of that....im still awaiting the return of my sex drive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back