• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

the birth

budge

Reaction score
how are we all feeling about the birth?
Although its my 4th time i still nervous. If not more nervous than before really.
My main concerns are

where my waters will break
getting to the hospital in time
size of baby
getting enough gas and air
getting a nice midwife and not a grump
whether the baby will be ok
and whether my disposable knickers are the right size

what are your worrys and concerns?

I'm just not thinking about it just now Budge!

I'm am worried of the hospital telling me that they are short staffed and I should just get on with it :shock:

Vicki83 said:

no i don't blame you. I was really aiming at the ones in the third tri chick who are a bit nearer than you :hug: You just enjoy you changing shape and stuff for now :hug:

I'm having a section because of my childbirth phobia and I'm scared I will go into labour early and wont be able to have one. I'm having some really horrible dreams about it. My midwife told me I'm having a big baby could this mean its likely I'll go into labour early?

My pushchair, car seat etc are all in the UK too as my Mum and step dad are driving over for the birth so I am a bit worried she will come and I wont have everything :(

Im crapping myself that the staff wont understand me in the Telki hospital. Yes they all speak english but Geordie and English arent always the same lol.

I keep worrying that something will go wrong and Thea wont breathe. I have awful nightmares about her being stillborn :(

Im scared i wont be able to cope with the pain.

Im scared everything wont be ready for her to come home, i still havent unpacked most of her things ( i've done her clothes though) and Richard wont friggin help me.

Seriously i could go on and on.

budge said:
Vicki83 said:

no i don't blame you. I was really aiming at the ones in the third tri chick who are a bit nearer than you :hug: You just enjoy you changing shape and stuff for now :hug:

Changing shape, don't you mean ballooning, i'm like the back end of a bus! :rotfl:

I am really scared of not getting there in time,but i don't want to get there to early though :wall: . I was having my gt test today and i could hear noise and shouting outside so the midwife popped out,she came back with my drink and told me that a lady had just turned up and was pushing in the corridoor :shock: ,5 mins later and she had delivered :eek: ,hope i don't leave it that late :D xx

By the way Hev the birthing centre is really lovely,the rooms are nicely decorated and there are settees and a lovely kitchen so OH can get himself something to eat,it's nothing like a hospital,really relaxing, so see if you can have your baby there,i can't wait :cheer: xx

i'm looking forward to the birth, but im scared of being in labour for days, and tearing or having to be cut :wall: I really don't want stitches!

My main concerns are to do with staffing/levels of care. I've found it a bit hit and miss so far so I hope I get some good MW's and not dozy/distracted/mean ones!

i am TERRIFIED of every thing each and every one of things uv all mentioned and im supposed to go into labour today!!!!

i dont know if its my hormones makin me irrational but i dont like any of this!!!

HELP ME!!!!!

wish id asked for a surrogacy now lol, at least i wouldnt b scared out of my wits like i am now!!

every twinge im thinkin is this it????? :wall: :wall:

My fears are very similar to yours Mel, I don't give the pain and pushing any thought at the moment, but I have terrible dreams that my baby will have the cord wrapped round her head or she will stop breathing. I worry about everything anyway, but I guess it's such a fear of the unknown.

It is really funny the silly things we worry about. I am nervous about the pain which is probably normal but I am also worried about what I will look like in labor as I have quite bad cellulite on the top of my legs on the outside and am really worried it will look disgusting when I have got my legs open wide. I have bought some of that holiday skin moisturiser hoping that it will make my legs look a bit better. My mum just laughed at me when I told her and said it will be the last thing on my mind but as it is my first I don't know. I am also not that keen on having my bits on show to the whole maternity unit but I am just hoping that when the time comes I won't really care.

iam worried my spinal doesnt work and i feel them cut into me!!!! :cry:

im worried something will be up with my baby :(

but iam trying not to think about all them things

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33