• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thats it...im not taking anymore calls :@

lozzi

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
6,255
Reaction score
0
Put my car in for a service this morning...


£130+ vat... jobs a goodun right??


Being crimbo money is tight, but i thought it needs doing put it in..




hour and a half later i get a call saying that he has found THREE problems, without these problems being fixed there isnt much point in doing a service..

1. battery - fooked...
2. Somethin in the engine that if it isnt replaced cud completly knacker car
3. Handbrake cables - fooked


The first and last yeah, i knew battery wasnt clever.... the handbrake had suspicions something wasnt quite right as it moved the other day WITH the handbrake on... so yeah that all not too bad, plus his labour its an extra 160... *deep breaths*




BUT he then rings AGAIN :cry:


My radiator has been leaking and its got a big crack in the raditor frmo last nights big freeze :|

AND my CD player that i asked em to hve a look at fixing.... is costing another 45.. so again ANOTHER

165 :cry:



So my 130+ vat has turned into 500



So im switching my phone off i aint taking no more calls off him :(
 
:hug:

Mechanics are a nightmare I always get OH to sort out the car. I always feel as though i'm not being listened to at garages. Even though i'm not daft i know a little about cars from what OH has shown me.

Switch your phone off and ignore him.
 
ah.. not good :( as said though, most garages take the piss!... i know from working in a few how much they rip some people off - especially if they dont know much about cars, and commonly its women :(

usually find youll get charged for things that dont need/and arent done aswell!... 95% of mechanics are con artists at hand... done it myself before lol
 
Thats the down side to cars, the money they drain from you! Shame... can you not get a 2nd opinion from somewhere else or something?
 
PinkPunch said:
Thats the down side to cars, the money they drain from you! Shame... can you not get a 2nd opinion from somewhere else or something?



Nope i told him just to go for it..



My credit card is gonna be melted :wall:
 
Oh well, at least your handbrake will actually work - that can't be a bad thing lol
 
PinkPunch said:
Oh well, at least your handbrake will actually work - that can't be a bad thing lol


always a plus side when u live near hills ;)
 
I would of took it for a second opinion cos some mechanics just try and rip you off.

My oh looks at his own car and has a good idea whats up with it.
 
Craig said:
ah.. not good :( as said though, most garages take the p*ss!... i know from working in a few how much they rip some people off - especially if they dont know much about cars, and commonly its women :(

usually find youll get charged for things that dont need/and arent done aswell!... 95% of mechanics are con artists at hand... done it myself before lol

Im sorry but I disagree with everything you have said there, I work in a garage and we never rip people off, if we quote a job and it goes over we always make sure we drop it under and if its cheaper we leave it at the cheapest price, we never charge for things that dont need doing!! I think you'll find from my experience at a garage that its the main dealers who rip people off, we have many customers come into us saying 'so and so says i need this changing' and one of our techys will have a look and there is nothing wrong or it doesnt need changing, its because a mjority of these main dealers work on commission!! Some of what you have written has really annoyed me, please look at what you have written because esp the last sentence could offed people on here too if their OH's are mechanics!!!![/u]
 
Can i just say PP, your garage might not diddle but some DO


I went to a garage a few months back asking how much it would cost for Balancing/tracking.


the man said how do you know its tracking so i described it and he said oh no thats DEFO ur steering column its cracked. Its very dangerous to drive with it like that...

He even kindly offered his "friends garage" details as he didnt do that kind of repair....


Luckily i went to Kwik fit as they are repuitable and low and behold NOTHING wrong wtih my steering column... and it was my tracking/balance...


So yes im a woman, and they tried conning me... :roll:
 
lozzi said:
Can i just say PP, your garage might not diddle but some DO


I went to a garage a few months back asking how much it would cost for Balancing/tracking.


the man said how do you know its tracking so i described it and he said oh no thats DEFO ur steering column its cracked. Its very dangerous to drive with it like that...

He even kindly offered his "friends garage" details as he didnt do that kind of repair....


Luckily i went to Kwik fit as they are repuitable and low and behold NOTHING wrong wtih my steering column... and it was my tracking/balance...


So yes im a woman, and they tried conning me... :roll:

Yes that may be true but how do you know that its because you're a woman? you're not there to see if they do it to men too. But i do know what you mean and yes some garages do but now days alot of independant garages arent the ones who con its more of the chain ones but because there is a large reputation of garages conning people, there are lot of people who dont trust them. But anyways I wasn't replying to start a debate, just putting across my say!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
473,576
Messages
4,654,646
Members
110,027
Latest member
joshatflare
Back
Top