4 things you didnt know about mobile phones

SarahH

Reaction score
Had this emailed to me.... not sure about 1,3 & 4.... but number 2 the keys in car work as my neighbour has done it.... scary if you ask me!!

> 4 THINGS YOU PROBABLY NEVER KNEW YOUR MOBILE PHONE COULD DO>>>

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies.> Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for> survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:>>

FIRST Emergency>> The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself out> of the coverage area of your mobile; network and there is an emergency,> dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the> emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed> even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.>>

SECOND Have you locked your keys in the car?>> Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday.> Good reason to own a mobile phone: If you lock your keys in the car and> the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone> from your cell phone.> Hold your mobile phone about a foot from your car door and have the person> at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on> their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to> drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of> miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for> your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).> Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over> a mobile phone!'>>

THIRD Hidden Battery Power>> Imagine your mobile battery is very low. To activate, press the keys> *3370# Your mobile will restart with this reserve and the instrument will> show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you> charge your mobile next time.>>

FOURTH How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?>> To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on> your phon! e: * # 0 6 #> A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your> handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get> stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They> will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the> SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You probably won't get your> phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it> either.

If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing> mobile phones.>> This is the kind of information people don't mind receiving, so pass it on> to your family and friends

i tried trying to open the car door with the remote and it didn't work!!!

#1 is correct. Its the standard number in many countries and as the global one also.

Number 1 is correct because that's the number i have to dial here to get an English speaking opertator for the emergency services.

I've tried number two twice once on my car and once on Richard's. It worked on his but not mine.

Number three will only work on certain models of Nokia phone, not just any phone.

Number 4 works for all phones, everyone should write down their phones serial number to pass on to your phone company if your handset os stolen.

Number 4 is correct its called IMEI number or something but I THINK most providers have this on file against your number now anyway due to the increased theft but its best to keep a note incase (although mine is printed on my box this time) it basically kills the IMEI chip in the phone IIRC which is what makes it work properly.

Number 2 hasnt worked for me on 3 different cars so it probably depends how your signal is transmitted from your key.

lol you shouldn't need to write down your imei number, if your have your handset stolen we can see what your imei number is and its standard that we blacklist it. We can also see who has used your stolen phone but we're not allowed to tell you who due to Data protection act :roll:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
We can also see who has used your stolen phone but we're not allowed to tell you who due to Data protection act :roll:

Seriously!!!! Surely you can tell the police if it's been stolen!

SarahH said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:
We can also see who has used your stolen phone but we're not allowed to tell you who due to Data protection act :roll:

Seriously!!!! Surely you can tell the police if it's been stolen!

someone at work had their car bashed by another staff member and security had it on CCTBV and couldnt tell them who it was as it was against DPA!! PC gone mad!

Police aren't really interested, they could access the info if they wanted but they don't request it. Only time police want help if it's part of big investigation ie murder/terrorism :?

Sweetcheeks24 said:
Police aren't really interested, they could access the info if they wanted but they don't request it. Only time police want help if it's part of big investigation ie murder/terrorism :?

hun your pic us blowing up my screen in your Adv its HUGE

jennywren said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

oops will have a look but showing normal on my screen :doh:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
jennywren said:
Sweetcheeks24 said:

oops will have a look but showing normal on my screen :doh:

:rotfl: maybe its cause im on FF but its the only one showing big. Its the same size as the size you put in the You & your OH pics the other day xx

[sorry about the thread hijack]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back