Testosterone blood test

itisbabytime

Reaction score
hi ladies, ive been reading a lot of the posts in here the past month or so but havent really contributed so thought i should say hiya :wave:

i generally post and lurk around in TTC as only been ttc for 5 months but have already had 21day bloods as my charting has proved to the doctor that I have a short leutal phase avg 11 days with spotting. Waiting for results she said they could take 3 weeks!! :shock:

Im not sure if any of you can answer this but will ask anyway.

Anyways..... I promised myself I wouldnt but I have been getting a bit "google mad" and have convinced myself I have everything under the sun! Not really - but one thing that has crossed my mind is high testosterone. I have regular-ish periods cycle length averge 27-32 days. I have ovulated every month I have charted and sure i was before that as well as I always remember getting EWCM (havent been on hbc for years). I dont think these are signs of high testosterone but i do have the excess hair, the wonderful lady tache and slightly fuzzy face and the complete opposite of thinning on the top of my head as well as beign on the larger size than i wish i was (size 16).

So will stop rambling now -

1 can you tell me is testosteone a hormone that is checked on the 21day list of tests? she read me out the list i just cant remember!!!

2 if it isnt in the 21day group what day should it be tested on?

3 would high testosteone affect leutal phase?

4 does high testosterone always mean pcos?

sorry, i realise im looking for a lot of info!!! will appreciate anything you can help with.

I'm wondering more about your genes...

Does your mum have a fuzzy face? Are members of your family overweight? Does anyone else have stress related hair loss?

My mum has a fuzzy face and so do i :oooo:

The women that i have seen on TV with high testosterone are practically bearded ladies.

Also, your cycles don't imply PCOS :eh:

I don't think they check for high testosterone unless you have symptoms to indicate it, so i'd just mention it to your GP :) I could be wrong though as they do test for a few things at once without listing them.

Hiya. I have High testosterone levels due to pcos (think mine was 5.5 and normal is 0.5-2) and I just get dark hairs growing on my face & on my belly and it causes my bad skin. Testosterone doesn't cause spotting though, that's progesterone being low. This could be because you're not ovulating properly or another reason? Hopefully your gp tested for it, if not you could request it? Xxx

louise - just me a bit fuzzy - dont get me wrong, its not like a beard or anything, only really visible in bright bright light or if you are really close to me, no one has commented on it but i can see it!! all my family are of regular size, i just seem to pile on weight easily :( not stress related har loss like alopecia or anything, just a general thinning over top of head, once again no one really comments on it - hide it reasonably well with a side parting and highlights. My mum has much thinner hair than me, the doctor told her "just one of those things" when she was in her twenties and it dosent bother her so she didnt push for more info. I hate the term "one of those thigns!". I guess it is hereditory but that almost seems like an easy answer if you know what I mean. It just concerned me when I combined it with my other symptoms.

Blondy - when i go in for my results next week or so I will ask what it was if she tested it or maybe request it if she didnt. I think your right about the progesterone, i do ovulate but as my temp dosent really stay elevated after the temp shift i think i might not be ovulating properly and or my progesterone isnt maintaining a high enough level.

Anyways thanks for your advice! you guys really are more usefull than spending ages trawling the internet! I bet some women in here are just as knowledgeable as fertility experts lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back