One good result, one bad sperm test.. what do we believe??

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
I am so confused about what to believe. My OH has had 2 sperm samples done. 1 Private and 1 on the NHS.
The NHS one came back saying that he had poor morphology but the private test came back showing totally good sperm and we were told that we had a good chance of concieving. I know that different sample can vary (they were done a month apart) but what on earth do we go by??
He is still waiting for his second NHS sample but I get so frustrated by the different advice we have been given...... argghhh :-( :shakehead:

Anyone else had this problem??

Gizzy xxx

hope you get some answers soon with the second sample bet you dont know what to think atm, sorry cant offer any advice though. big hugsxxx

hey, ask for a copy of the results from both and compare them directly. The sheets will haev lots of info on them. My guess is that the reference ranges were different, maybe the time from point of ejaculation to actually getting under the microscope was vastly different, maybe the "complete" sample wasnt in one sample (the first blob (haha) contains the most sperm so its so important that the first bit ends up in the pot. Dont worry yourself about it but I would get the results to check. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back