Tescos security tags - Help!

newmum

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can get the security tag of a coat I bought for LO? I got back to Switzerland and saw that the tag was left on although deactivated. I know that some stored use ink which goes everywhere if you try to take it off but don't know if Tescos do.

And no it's not stolen :)

You normally have to go back to the shop with the receipt and they take it off. I don't think you can take it off any other way :?

:think: I don't have the receipt any more. How annoying.

This happened to my brother. They bought a coat from Woolworths i think it was and the tag had been left on. It was the one with the ink in it but he managed to get it off using wire cutters/plier type things and a cloth inbetween to catch the ink. Mission was successful!

If you have a big magnet you may be able to get it off as that's how they're held together. Not sure how though... we had to take one off a towel ds got as a present. Apparently the woman in the shop couldn't get it off so just said don't worry about the alarm on the way out... but failed to mention that the tag would set off alarms in other shops, and that they'd still be stuck with the tag on the towel :roll:

I don't know which shops have ink in but the one we took off (mothercare I think) was fine, we just took it apart. Otherwise can you maybe go into a shop with similar tags and explain the situation & see if they will take it off for you?

Last edited:
Go on Tesco's website and send them an email or phone them and they will tell you how to remove it :D

thanks everyone. will let you know how I get on.

You can get some plyers to snip the pin that joins the tag on the other side. If they have ink in them it says on the tag. If it is just plain it doesnt have any ink in it. Well I assume its the same for all places... I work in TK MAXX!

soverign said:
You can get some plyers to snip the pin that joins the tag on the other side. If they have ink in them it says on the tag. If it is just plain it doesnt have any ink in it. Well I assume its the same for all places... I work in TK MAXX!

soverign ...this has nothing to do with this thread at all, but i just wanted to say that your avatar is lovely!! So cute xxx

I had the same problem with a set of 3 pretty t-shirts I bought Lydia last year from Tesco. I never did manage to get the pin/tag out of them so they're all just hanging stuck together in the wardrobe still. I'm not even sure if they'll still fit her. :wall:

beth3735 said:
I work for them and yes they are just done up the way that you just need a strong magnet to open it. You will have to hit the grey side of the tag on the magnet to release the blue bit off.
If this fails just twist and twist the blue bit as much as you can and this will eventually fall off.

Right girls see you later....I'm off down Tesco's for a shoplifting spree :wave:

:rotfl: lol Maybe i should of sent that as a pm to her just incase tescos now start losing profits from clothes theifs! :doh:

Don't worry, we're an honest bunch on here :D

:fib:

A hammer and pliers have worked for us in the past when this has happened to us :)

I had one left on a me to you bear that i bought my daughter for xmas, i got it off with a screw driver and just prized it apart. Hope you get it sorted.

sazzylou said:
soverign said:

soverign ...this has nothing to do with this thread at all, but i just wanted to say that your avatar is lovely!! So cute xxx

:D Wow thats really sweet of you hun! Thankyou you just made my day!! xx

...just digging out a massive hammer and pliers :)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back