New bra - when?

Trudyscrumptious76

Reaction score
Hello! I was wondering if anyone had advice on when to buy a new bra. My normal one is under great pressure and digging in everywhere. :( Unfortunately I'm not the size that can just pop to Tescos and buy a cheap one.

Bravissimo have a sale at the mo but I don't know what size to buy. I don't want to be morbid but I don't want to buy and expensive bra as I'm only 5 weeks and don't want to be left with a bra I don't need that cost a fortune.

What size do I get? Does the back and the cup go up and by how much?

Hey hon,
I'm sorry to say so but I think you may need to invest more then once. I was a 32F and 2 weeks ago had to give in and buy a couple of 32GG!! I just had another growth spurt at the weekend and am putting it off but think I will inevitably have to go up another size. Great tip though to save when you need non underwired bras though is to just remove the wire from your existing bras, so at least your new bras will have more longevity.

It's pants not being able to buy bras in M&S isn't it? :cry:

B XXX

i brought to proper mat bras from mothercare about a month ago i got them in 34B as it said buy in your normal size
yer well my boobies now dont fit in them :( and are poping out everywere and at £20 a time its a bit exspensive id say buy one now but get it as cheap as possible as you will have to buy more
manda xx

I went to Mothercare also and bought proper maternity ones also.

I'm rather large in the boob department also and as we are not supposed to wear underwired during pregnancy, I thought I'd check out Mothercares range.

I found some great cotton ones, £22 for 2 and they fit wonderfully and support me all round. Only thing is, I've expanded even flippin' more so need to go back and get a size up :roll: :wall:

If it keeps up like this I"ll need buckets for em to go in :rotfl:

But really try Mothercare as they had loads of sizes from tiny to erm, very big :lol:

Best thing to do is to go and get measured properly :)

Get yourself to Bravissimo!!!

I got measured at 5 weeks because like you I'd gone up loads (3 cup sizes as it happens from 30F to 32G) and the new bra was SO MUCH MORE COMFY! (I stuck to underwired but went for a softer option)

I went to get remeasured this week (at 15 weeks) and haven't grown at all since then - so I kept the existing bra and bought a new soft cup bra with no wires so I can vary them.

You will feel better when you get a proper bra I promise. Oh and stay away from M&S they're crap :rotfl:

I agree with Debecca, go get measured.

I also had to purchase new bras at about 5 weeks cause my old ones offered no support & were digging in, very uncomfortable.

I got measured and was advised to buy a back size bigger & to go up 1/2 a cup size to give me some room to play with if I needed it.

So I went from a 36 D to a 38 DD and Im so glad I took the plunge,im much more comfy.

By the way, I was recommended not to buy underwired because they can cause the milk ducts to block, I also read this in Pregnancy & Birth Magazine. To be honest I havent noticed much difference, I still have loads of support without the wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back