TESCO vs ASDA

rhian85

Reaction score
bizzar question i know but we did our weekly shop in tesco a usual and was so shocked to see how many prices had risen...we only had basics like bread,bathroom bits, bits for fridge and it came to £65. a few years ago we cud fill a huge trolly in tesco for that kinda price..i just cudnt believe it, i dread to think how much it wud of come to if we had baby jars, nappies, wipes and cow an gate night milk in the trolly as well....... :shock:

so how many of u prefer asda? is it any cheaper ? we have one in the next own and thinking of shopping there for a change ? :think: :think: :think:

I like both but it doesn't matter where you go now, they're all expensive :roll:

I find Asda has better offers on baby stuff though :)

I shop at asda most of the time as it's closer to my house but sometimes i also go to morrisons as they always have loads of bogof's :)

I prefer tesco but it's true it's expensive. I think they have more choices of stuff but it is a tesco extra I go to not a regular tesco, so it's massive.

I like Sainsbury's. There are plenty of bargains every time I go.

Tescos is worth it for me cos of the points...I wanna do what Kina did and go to florida on tesco points alone... she's my Clubcard Idol :lol:

Have a look at My Supermarket you put in the things you bought/regularly buy, it adds them up and tells you which supermarket is better for price.

It also suggests alternate products which might save you money.

i prefer morrisons to be honest get lots of offers there :D

Asda is cheaper but as part of the Tesco Baby Club we will get extra points which will mean that Tesco works out better for us.

Plus Tesco is nearer to our house and seems to be a bit better stocked than our local Asda :think:

OH can get nectar points put on his card at work if people don't collect them so every now and then we will go to Sainsburys and get a free shop! :roll:

I think that Asda is cheaper but I like getting my points at Tesco to use for deals. I shop at both though :D

Urchin said:
Tescos is worth it for me cos of the points...I wanna do what Kina did and go to florida on tesco points alone... she's my Clubcard Idol :lol:

Wait a minute!

I've never got the hang of those bloody points.

I thought (well...Ali lead me to believe) that they disappeared every month so if you didn't use the voucher they send in-store within the month then you lost the points?????

PS: Rhian...I prefer Tesco. It probably is more expensive but I think the fresh food is better. xx

I shop at Sainsbury's usually so I'm not much help :lol:

Don't really like Tesco much and cannot stand Asda, does my head in trying to shop there, so never go near the place.

Don't do any of the points cards in any store so does not matter to us re that side of things.

LucyBee said:
Urchin said:

Wait a minute!

I thought (well...Ali lead me to believe) that they disappeared every month so if you didn't use the voucher they send in-store within the month then you lost the points?????

PS: Rhian...I prefer Tesco. It probably is more expensive but I think the fresh food is better. xx

If you use your points for deals they are worth 4 times as much. I am using mine for Bella Italia and Longleat this year.

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/

LucyBee said:
Urchin said:

Wait a minute!

Stuff like the 100 extra points if you buy XXX in the bakery expires, but the actual £5.00 off your shopping points last a couple of years, you can save them up and use them towards meals and holidays and stuff.

We go to asda as we found it to be quite a lot chaper! The only drawback is the staff in our Asda are soooo rude! :shakehead:

Sherlock said:
I shop at Sainsbury's usually so I'm not much help :lol:

Don't really like Tesco much and cannot stand Asda, does my head in trying to shop there, so never go near the place.

Don't do any of the points cards in any store so does not matter to us re that side of things.

same here and if i was rich i would do my shopping at waitrose all the time cos the food is so much nicer and fresher

I alternate between Tesco and Asda. I like them both but find Asda a bit cheaper. Morrisons is ok occasionally but they don't have a lot of choice compared to Tesco and Asda.

I love my tescos its mahooosive and Im always getting loads bargains and the offer things are great for £30 in points I got £150 for cafe rouge :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back