Tens Machine

HideiLu

Reaction score
Hiya

Just wanted to ask any of you who used a TENS machine, how useful you found it and any recommendations you had?

i used one and found it great at the start. later on it didn't even touch the pain, and i had to take it off for the epi anyway.

i can't remember the name of the company sorry :think: but i hired it for £18...

i think they're worth having (for that price) as an option. its no real loss then if you don't like it.

ok baring in mind it was a fair few years ago i had my last i used one from the hospital and i feel it really helped in the early stages so would defo use one again.

I found it more annoying than anything. It dose not stop the pain obviously just detracts from it. I took it off after about a couple of hours of first stage labour. I never turned the dial up more than half way. I think I got to 27 or and one blast a bit higher than that.

Sherlock said:
I found it more annoying than anything. It dose not stop the pain obviously just detracts from it. I took it off after about a couple of hours of first stage labour. I never turned the dial up more than half way. I think I got to 27 or and one blast a bit higher than that.

i agree but i think it was more the entertainment of seeing my husband in pain when i put it full blast up his arm that helped me :D

I found it very annoying too. ours stopped working and I have to say Boots were fab, they couriered another one to us immedialty but it felt so much better without it I didnt bother putting it back on.

They are cheap to hire so not the end of the world if you want to try and dont get on with it.

hennaly said:
i agree but i think it was more the entertainment of seeing my husband in pain when i put it full blast up his arm that helped me :D

:rotfl: What a great diversion from labour pain...stick a tens on your OH so that he can 'enjoy' your contractions too!!!! :rotfl:

I used the Elle Baby Tens and it was fantastic. Got me all the way to 6cm alone!

DebbieM said:
I used the Elle Baby Tens and it was fantastic. Got me all the way to 6cm alone!

Exactly what I was going to say! I was hoping I'd be at least 4cm when I got to hospital but I'd made it to 6! I had the same TENS too.

After I had a bath I didn't put the TENS back on. It got much harder to cope, I called hospital and was going to go in. Once we got the TENS back on me it was another 4 hours before I felt like that again. I really did make a difference in the pain level for me.

kalia said:
DebbieM said:

Exactly what I was going to say! I was hoping I'd be at least 4cm when I got to hospital but I'd made it to 6! I had the same TENS too.

After I had a bath I didn't put the TENS back on. It got much harder to cope, I called hospital and was going to go in. Once we got the TENS back on me it was another 4 hours before I felt like that again. I really did make a difference in the pain level for me.

Blatant advertising warning:

I have one of these lovely TENS machines for sale in the for sale section, never used due to superquick labour!! At £20 less than RRP it can't be missed!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back