Tens machine...

Dee83

Reaction score
I am planning on doing hypnobirthing and using a tens machine when i'm in labour. I have a tens machine that i use for pain relief in my back. I'm just wondering if all tens machines are the same or do i need to get a special one for labour?

Thanks girls xxx

I think they are all the same but maybe check with mw or chemist incase they have a different power output.

Hi Dee,

I am a midwife hun so if you have any questions you can always ask me :) The TENS machine you have already won't be affecting for labour unfortunately. You will need to hire or buy a Maternity TENS machine, as these generally go to a higher level than the ones you can use for general use.

Sorry hun, hope the info helps though :) x

Hi Dee,

I am a midwife hun so if you have any questions you can always ask me :) The TENS machine you have already won't be affecting for labour unfortunately. You will need to hire or buy a Maternity TENS machine, as these generally go to a higher level than the ones you can use for general use.

Where do u hire then Hun?

Hi Dee,

Thanks hun, that's very kind of you! I will probably hire one then. In your opinion, do you think that they are any good at labour pain relief? xxx

I honestly think they are great for when you are in early labour at home - when your contractions are regular but the hospital are still telling you to stay at home is the best time to use it! If you start with them early on they are a great form of pain relief. When you get into established labour (4cm) they tend to work better if you are using gas and air with it! Honestly do think they are great! I will def be using one :) xxx

That's really good to know, thanks hun! :) I will have a look at where i can hire one from then! xxx

No, ive got a CD hun. Only listened to it twice so far but going to start properly in the next few weeks. R u thinking of doing it MrsMc?

Yeh basically I am rubbish at relaxin and I am trying to find something I can do during the birth to keep me relaxed

I'm the same too, i suffer with really bad panic attacks so thought it myt help me stay calm. R u goin to classes or doin a cd? I looked into classes but they were really expensive round here!

I have panic attacks too :hug: I haven't decided is the cd good? Which one do u have?

I was undecided about a Ten's machine but might go for it now!

Me too I don't want an epidural if I don't need one but I hate pain lol I just want it to be as relaxed as possible

I am open to any drugs if i really need them but i'm gona try and give myself a headstart with the TENS and the hypno to keep me calm. Apparantly the calmer you are the less severe the pain

Ooh dee how spooky I just ordered the exact one from amazon lol

Oh really, how mad's that!!! Let me know what you think when you've had a listen!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back