Tens machine - any advice

Lolly85x

Reaction score
Hello ladies, I'm 25 weeks with a yellow bump, and starting to think about labour. Iv heard that people use tens machines and just wondered if anyone had any experiences with them? My sister has one she got after being in a car accident, and I'm taking it its the same kind I could use, or is it a special labour tens machine? Also where do you actually place it? Thanks in advance xxx

Levi just had her whole labour with practically nothing but a tens machine! I'm sure when she's back she'll be able to tell you all about it xx

From what I have read they are quite good in the early stage and can be used at home before going to hospital.

I have also read that alot of hospitals do not have them for general use so if you want to use one you have to "hire" them - not sure if there is an option to do this from the hospital itself or if there is a special TENS machine hire shop :lol: :lol:

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
All i used in labour with my daughter was my TENS machine, it had to be ripped off my back just before pushing because i didn't want to take it off :roll:
I rented mine offline but so many places rent them out now they are pretty easy to get hold of.

I am planning on using one again this time around but also hoping for a water birth so we shall see.

Well worth trying one i thought mine was a god send :)

Mine was a god send - let me stay at home a lot longer. The special 'labour' ones have a boost button that I don't think normal ones have, so you can increase it during a contraction.

You can rent them, but have a look about, I got mine for around £30 vs £25 to rent ( there was a link on here somewhere - think Levi posted it)

Xxx

Hey hon - I used one during my first labour with my daughter. You can rent the "labour" ones through boots (either instore or on-line). Apparently it's important you don't use a standard one (I had borrowed one from a friend but it had very specific instructions not to be used in pregnancy). I personally didn't like it (probably more to do with me than the machine) but as other ladies have said some find it great so definitely worth a shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back