• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TENS machine

SKR_Derby

Reaction score
My friend has lent me her Tens machine and so I gave it a try last night...OMG it was the most horrid feeling! As soon as hubby pressed the on button I freaked out. It feels so unnatural and as though I was being electrocuted! I definitely won't be using that during labour!

Has anyone else tried it ?

I haaaaated it wen i tried it before i was in labour. but when u do actually have contraction pains it feels lush.
I just used my tens machine nd got up to 7cm with it, it was fab. try again in labour hun :)

You have to try it when you start having contractions i got to 8cm dilated with it then had to take it off as i got in the birthing pool. I only used gas and air too. I 100% recommend it, i couldn't of got through labour without it xxx

I've got one. im looking forward to using it. tried it briefly at antenatal classes and thought it would really help. plus i really dont want epidural. lauren86, i really want to do what u did and just use the tens, birthing pool and gas and air.... hope it works for me like it did for u.

I've got one. im looking forward to using it. tried it briefly at antenatal classes and thought it would really help. plus i really dont want epidural. lauren86, i really want to do what u did and just use the tens, birthing pool and gas and air.... hope it works for me like it did for u.
I'm sure it will hun :) i found by using the tens i could stay at home for longer = more relaxed! Xxx

yeah thats what im hoping to do. only 8 days to go xx

good luck hun i'll be looking out for you birthing story! :) i had my LO at 38weeks so could be any day :lol: xx

hi girls, had to go searching out this thread.... how frequent should ur contractions be b4 u start using ur tens machine ? iv got constant pain in my back n pains in my belly perhaps every 10 mins or so. what do u think will be a good time to start using ? x

Ooh I think I'm gonna get one now! Use when you start to struggle with the pain honey. I would x

Sorry for jumping in on this thread :oooo:

My grandad uses a TENS for pain in his back and legs, and I was thinking of borrowing it for labour - BUT - when I read then things that come with it, it says it's not to be used in labour or during pregnancy?
Is it a different kind of TENS you use then? Or do we just break the rules?
x

You get tens from maternity units and hospitals so they are definately allowed! His one isn't going to be a maternity one though, that's probably why. X

I think you can hire them from Boots too?

Apparently so jj, I want to look into this as I may like to use one, I guess I just go in and ask! X

i hired mine from tesco. its a mama tens one and hopefully later tonight it will be helping me!! x

I hired one and it was brill! I didnt enjoy the feeling of it on me but when you contracting it is heaven! It dulls the pain and hubby was on the boost button while i was controlling the gas and air. if nothing else it givs you a more bareable pain to concentrate on while you breathe through you contraction. I had to take it off when pains got really intense as it made it worse but got me most of the way. def would recommend xxx

hi girls, had to go searching out this thread.... how frequent should ur contractions be b4 u start using ur tens machine ? iv got constant pain in my back n pains in my belly perhaps every 10 mins or so. what do u think will be a good time to start using ? x

the earlier yu use it the better it works... it races the pain to you brain and has to beat the pain signal to be efficient x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back