TENS Machine rental

CH0C0H0LIC

Reaction score
Are any of you girlies thinking of (or have done) renting a TENS machine for labour and if so where have you rented them from and how much was it?

I've got an appt with the 'Stun Gun Doctor' (Cons Anaesthetist) as I'm a big gal and have diabetes and I am guessing they wanna weigh me up for my tranquiliser dart (Like harpooning a whale!). :rotfl:

With my last labour I had Gas and Air (in between my ex getting high on it), and they tried unsuccessfully to give me an Epidural then they gave me pethadine, which kicked in just AFTER David was born! :wall:

I am getting more needle phobic by the day and am worried that an Epidural/pethadine jab will send me over the edge at a time when I need to be as sane and calm as possible! (I was hysterical last time and they had to call my sister to come in and calm me down :oops: )

Also is there anything else I can opt for that maybe I don't know about.. all ideas gratefully received!!
Praying I won't have to have a c-section as would have to be done under a general anaesthetic due to my panic attacks :pray:

Sarah xxx

I rented my TENS from here http://www.birthease.co.uk/birthease_sh ... Hire.shtml

You can find it them a bit cheaper on another site iirc. But as I'd used this site for other stuff I trusted them. You hire them for up to 6 weeks and send it back :)

I could have bought one but tbh didn't want to be stuck with something I maybe had no use for again. And ok, could have sold one on but again, hassle.

I found it good for the my latent labour. It allowed me to snooze and I just zapped myself while sleeping if that makes sense. It was more a distraction than an actual pain relief, but it did its job. I never got much higher than the low 30's on a 66 scale. I took it off after a couple of hours of first stage as it started annoying me more than anything.

Im thinking of renting one, mainly because the strongest I wanna go (at a push) is pethadine, and Ive had that before and it sent me a bit loop the loop!! :shock:

As to what Sherlock says, Im hoping it may be a bit of a distraction and help with the latent labour, then go on the old gas and air later.
I saw one for rent from mothercare, but think it was a shorter rental time, so will look into that link :D

I have borrowed one from my midwife for free. They have so many they can lend out and I guess I just got lucky that one was available. I got it at 38 weeks and midwife will take it back when I have had LO. Might be worth asking if your midwife provides this service. If they didn't have one I was going to rent one from Mothercare which was £29.99.

Hope all goes well in your labour hun :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have always rented my TENS from the midwife but not sure if you can still do that :?

I love gas and air (thats the only reason i have so many kids, i dont even like em!!) :wink:
I was so high on the gas and air it made the rest of whatever they did not so bad BUT CHOCOHLIC the idea is you have the gas and air as i find it doesnt work so well if hubby is using it :rotfl:

Im definately going for hypnobirthing this time too to help relax me :D

Ive rented mine from Mothercare. You need to ring them up. They send it out 4 weeks before you are due but if you come earlier than that just ring them and they will stop it going out and wont charge you. You can keep it past your due date but just need to give them a call. I think its £24.99. Mines already on order!

i bought one from ebay for less than renting cost. its a powerfull one so fingers crossed it will do the trick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back