TENS MACHINE HIRE?

sweetheart78

Reaction score
Hi there,

There are so many different Tens Machines for hire, I'm really confused. Can anyone offer any names or companies that hire good ones, I don't really know the difference between them all and the hire period differs so much between them all. :roll:

Thanks

I'm hiring one from Boots. Well they were supposed to call me last week when it came in and they didn't, so I am going in on Wednesday and it better be there!!!

I hired mine online at this web address:

http://www.tens-hire.co.uk/index_files/Page339.htm

The delivery was really quick and the it worked fine etc!
Really useful for early stages of labour (not so much near the end thou unfortunately! :shock: )
The only small downside was you have to pay to send it back however it only cost just over £2 i think so not all that bad!

My midwife gave me a leaflet about one at:

www.naturesgate-uk.com

I already have a tens machine as my dad has one that he used to use for chronic back pain all I had to do was get a suppply of batteries and obstetric pads.

has anyone here used them before? do they really work??

im a bit miffed by them, i dont see how something that shocks you can take pain away lol

My Midwife has hired me mine, it cost me £5, that just covers the price of the pads/battery. I can keep it from now until after baby. She actually hired it to me early as OH had a really bad back, so it was for him really LOL, it did work for him.
Im certainly going to give it a go at the time. How has any one else found them???

Apparently you have to use them as soon as you start contracting to get the benefits they stimulate the production of endorphins which override the pain of labour etc as I said my dad had chronic back pain and used it all the time only stopped as they upped his medication and no longer needs it. Its worth a go, so hospitals have them that they loan out you should ask your midwife.

layla said:
has anyone here used them before? do they really work??

im a bit miffed by them, i dont see how something that shocks you can take pain away lol

I used a TENS machine when i was in labour, i cant say it takes the pain away as such but it makes the pain less intence. Plus they only really work at the beginning stages of labour when you get near the end they are pretty useless!!!

Picked up mine today from Boots. It's £29.99 for a months rental and £25 refundable deposit. The lady was a right witch and insisted on putting down the return day as the day after I am due, even though thats only 16 days away (on the form it says the return date is meant to be 1 calender month away from the day you pick it up but she wasn't having any of it).
It means that if I go overdue I have to ring to extend the rental. She said it was so other people could get to use it and I felt like pointing out that I am paying to hire it, they aren't giving it to me for free. Bloody old cow!

I used one and found it quite effective.
After a while i had to pass the controls to hubby, and tell him when to increase the power.
I rented it from my m/w for £10, and would definitley use it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back