tell me your BFP story...

yarnwrangler

Reaction score
here's mine...

we've been trying since april and i've been tracking my cycle on a handy web page thinger so i knew Aunt Flo should be appearing on 30th september...we've had a couple of BFNs before that where i've not come on all day then done a test, its been a BFN then come on literally minutes later so i wasnt holding out much hope and was going to wait til the day after...

it got to about 9pm and DH said 'are you going to do a test then? if its negative then we can go out and get trashed on tuesday night at the tuesday club, if its positive we're staying in but YAY!' or something to that effect...i had a test left over from a boots 2 pack but didn't need a wee - i was so desperate to need one after he said that!!

when i finally did need a wee i went off and did the biz with the test in the usual manner then took it through to him in the kitchen and waited...and waited...and waited - after 10 minutes had gone past i realised the fluid wasn't going to go across the windows without a little encouragement so i tipped it up to make it go across!! - very very slowly a line started to appear in the 'pregnant' window...

well we didn't know what to think! was i? wasn't i? the leaflet said don't count on any results after 10 minutes but there it was, a faint and growing darker line in the window...

we decided to sleep on it and DH to go pick up another in the morning (it's kind if a tradition now that he goes and buys them for me - bless him, so sweet)

the morning rolls around and DH is out when i wake up - i need to pee but hold it and hold it as in the back of my mind i want a nice strong positive if it is that...

FINALLY DH comes home with a test from tescos - i do it, we wait and 3 minutes later there it is!!! PREGNANT!!!

WOOHOOHOOHOO!!!!!

cue big hugs and smiles and all round happiness in the yarnwrangler household...

now for yours :) as brief or as detailed as you like - i'm a hopeless romantic, totally broodybabymad and would love to hear all about it :)

well, mine isnt all that romantic, i came off the pill on the 13th july, bled til the morning of my wedding on the 19th and got pregnant soon after, was a nice wedding prezzy tho

Well after 2 losses this year we had decided we wouldnt try again till next year give us a bit of time to get over things. But 2 months after our 2nd loss i felt off for a few days and thought to myself...im pregnant.....did a test and a faint line appeared!!
At first my hubby wasnt too pleased he was very worried it would happen again and it took him a while to come round. We have been taking each day as it comes and we are 12 weeks tomorrow :cheer:

Mines pretty boring really, ive always had a really rubbish cycle. Never expected to be pregnant but as i was so ill and still hadnt come on for 7 weeks i thought why not test so i got a 99p test which was buy one get one free :D peeded in a certain someones liverpool mug because i was in a bad mood :D and it came up positive :cheer: My oh came home and i was making out like i had a normal day, until i chucked something at him and he said "Whats that?" :wall: Then he clicked and we watched Hollyoaks. He sat there i could tell he was thimnking and he said so were having another baby!! Gold medal to the man!!!!!!!

I had come off my pill in the May because i had tried every single pill going over the years that didn't affect my Raynaud's Syndrome but no such luck! So had to stop completely. Me and my husband weren't planning a baby any time soon as we still lived with the in laws.
We moved house at the end of June, Aunt Flo was a bit erratic and late due to coming off of the pill only having one light one in early July but we knew we were 'safe'. One night 'it' happened and we said "don't worry about protection because it won't happen anyway" and hey presto it happened!
I started being sick at around mid August before i even thought i was pregnant (and havn't stopped since might i add!) thinking it was a stomach bug, then my boobs were sore for a week which i thought was strange, my husband kept harping on about doing a test (being more excited than me! Bless him!) so i bought one whilst doing the weekly shop, did the test when i got home in the middle of the day without my husband there because i thought it would be negative (wish i had waited now :( ) and BOOM! there was the positive line straight away! I was very shocked to say the least!... but very very happy :D

We've been telling out 2yr old son about the baby in mummy's tummy as soon as we knew so that he'll get used to the idea. Now he keeps rubbing his own tummy saying 'baby! baby!'. :lol:

mummy ov 2 - thats as romantic as it gets!! baby as a wedding pressie - how lovely :)

*sara* - congrats on your 12 week milestone - thats great to hear - and bless your hubby - we said goodbye to an angel 2 months before i got preggers with Boo and the first 12 weeks were the longest of our lives! you want to be happy but you daren't...have some love for you, that bump (and the hubby)

xjdx - that is so funny about the liverpool mug! i know a certain someone who brings out my WKD side too...

We decided last year that we would start trying for another one, we already had our 6 yr old son (he's 7 now), anyway I had my coil removed last august 07. I was naive and i thought that it would happen straight away, only my best mate knew that we were trying.I cam on these boards and started to buy ov sticks, did all of that, symptom spotting etc etc, then it kind of all fell by the wayside and the summer approached and we 'did it' sporadically. Anyway in August/beginning sept i was a day late and i got a test and lo and behold it was positive! We were both happily surprised as we had only 'done it' 2 times that month and I didnt even lay in bed after, I was straight to the loo.

So i believe it will happen when its meant to happen and too much planning and engineering it can have a negative effect.

We had been talking about having a baby for ages, and Barry, my OH decided we should wait three months to get money sorted out. In May we had the Parade in Penicuik so Barry was drinking all afternoon and then he went camping in the woods at night. He came in at 5am to declare that he almost died having rolled into the campfire while asleep. So he said why wait! It must have been a miracle that we even concieved since Barry was wasted on Buckfast, Tequila and cider. But I'm pretty impressed we had success on our first attempt!

We both fly for a living so as you can imagine very difficult to be in the right place and country at the same time, it took us 3 yrs! I was due to go on a trip to Jo'burg and suspected as i was a couple days late went to tescos to get the test but couldn't do it was worried it would be negative and put me in a bad mood so did the trip the longest 4 days of my life! Was shattered when i got home that morning of sept 4th and just couldn't sleep so my OH and I did the test. I was shaking when it came back a crossed line, meaning positive I was in so much shock had to do another to check and the words pregnant come up me and my OH were estatic and I was still shaking :dance: :D I still had to do 3 more tests over the next 3-4wks just to be sure. had it confirmed by GP too! so now feel I can relax and finally believe it is happening to us and I can give up the flying industry for good hoorah. Dx

We both fly for a living so as you can imagine very difficult to be in the right place and country at the same time, it took us 3 yrs! I was due to go on a trip to Jo'burg and suspected as i was a couple days late went to tescos to get the test but couldn't do it was worried it would be negative and put me in a bad mood so did the trip the longest 4 days of my life! Was shattered when i got home that morning of sept 4th and just couldn't sleep so my OH and I did the test. I was shaking when it came back a crossed line, meaning positive I was in so much shock had to do another to check and the words pregnant come up me and my OH were estatic and I was still shaking :dance: :D I still had to do 3 more tests over the next 3-4wks just to be sure. had it confirmed by GP too! so now feel I can relax and finally believe it is happening to us and I can give up the flying industry for good hoorah. Dx

Mine all happened a bit fast, talked about coming off the pill as been on it for 18 years non stop - Im also 34 and DH will be 41 next month....DH happy for me to stop the pill and decided it might take some time due to our ages, length of time on the pill etc.

Stopped taking the pill at the end of March this year - had AF as normal in April which I was so pleased about, as meant my body was all working again - got the shock of my life early May when I got my BFP - just 6 weeks after stopping the pill!

I consider myself extremely blessed and lucky!

what a great thread! :cheer:

me and oh have been together for 9 years and decided the time was right!
we started ttc in late january,we stopped in march and april as i lost my sister in tragic circumstances so ttc went out of the window abit,we started again in may and that was the month we concieved!
i have a bad loss phobia at the moment so have been abit of a stress head during my pregnancy!
we had our 20 week scan on friday last week and it was amazing!!
we are having a little boy and everything was fine and he looks very healthy!
after losing my sister i never thought i would ever have felt this happy again! :hug:
i still miss her dearly but hope she can look down and see our news!
it has brought me and oh even closer together then we were before.
i feel i could burst with happiness some days!! :cheer:

I was on the mini pill back in March but came off it in May cause it stopped me from having a period which I didnt like.

My bf and I had a few "mistakes" in June/July time but didnt bother to do anything about it as I hadnt had a period since April. I went to the DRs about my no period and he said it wasnt right so wanted to have a pelvic scan done to check my overies were ok (no polycystic overie syndrome). I was booked in to have my scan on Saturday 19th July. On the Wednesday I was walking around asda and decided to pick up a pregnancy test to rule it out as I knew the first thing they'd ask is are you pregnant. I didnt tell my bf or anyone that I was going to do it. On the Thursday morning I was woken at 6am with a massive urge to pee. So i grabbed the test and done the business. After 2 minutes it was there in clearblue digital writing "Pregnant" I nearly fainted lol. But it confirmed why i was so tired, spotty, weeing about 20 times a day and feeeling nausea all the time lol.

I called the bf and told him, he was shocked, then started laughing and said, oh my god, we're having a baby!! lol. I got dressed and drove to my mum and dads house, My mum was really confused and was like why are you home so early, so i handed her the test lol she screamed and hugged me lol.

Now im 16 weeks and I couldnt be more excited xxxx

My BFP took me by surprise! I met my OH back in June when a mutual friend set us up on a night out together. We seemed to hit it off, went for a meal the next evening and started seeing each other from there. I never had any expectations about where it was gonna go, but we started to get more serious together. He went on holiday 2 months after we met and I realised while he was away that I actually loved him so we were at it like rabbits when he got back! :wink: Didn't use any protection which wasn't really that sensible! End of August we decided we wanted to live together so we got a flat offered to us round about the same time. We had 2 weeks to get the flat ready to move into so we moved in on a Sunday night 2 weeks later. I'd been feeling really crampy in my stomach and sick for a couple opf days and very emotional, plus I couldn't stop going to the loo so I told my OH there was a chance I could be pregnant as I hadn't come on yet and should have. Bought a test the night after we moved in and it went to positive pretty much straight away!

Still very shocked as we had never discussed having kids, but coming round to the idea now..! :dance:

In Spring this year me and the OH 'loosely' talked about having a baby, but didn't want to set anything in stone or start really trying, so decided we'll just not be careful and see what happens. We got pregnant in April/May but miscarried in June. We decided to start trying again, but the doc said we should wait until September to give my body time to recover. We naturally thought that it'd take longer than that to conceive anyway (as it always seems to when you're ttc!).

So after only one AF, in August we bd'd only a couple of times and I really didn't think anything had happened. It wasn't until my bbs started being sore a week before AF was due I started thinking. Plus my mum kept telling me not to over do it on the alcohol, 'just in case'! By the time I was only 3 days late, I'd convinced myself I wasn't pregnant, and it must be something to do with my body re-adjusting after quitting smoking only 2 weeks before (don't know why I thought that :lol: ).

That day I decided to put myself out of my misery and buy a test on my lunch hour - BFP! I couldn't believe it at the time, but looking back, it did explain the acne breakout! Happy days!! :cheer:

• hi, i am really enjoying reading this thread...

Me and my husband have been married for 5 years, started trying for no 1 straight away but took about 2 years to conceive my son Haydn.

Anyway i had post-natal depression and was on medication and so having baby no 2 was far from my mind, but my son is 2 1/2 and i am off the pills :) and so me and OH talked about not leaving it much longer as it took us sooo long last time...

Well that was in mid-August 08 and 1st month of trying BFP...WOW i am still in shock!! :dance:

Also my best friend has been trying for 6 years and has unexplained fertility and has has 1 miscarrage at 6 weeks and has just found out her 3rd IVF attempt has been successful and so we are within 2 weeks of each other in our pregnancy's...am just hoping all goes ok for us both, she has a scan on monday to check heart beat (s) so can everyone cross their fingers for her.... please....

Anyway i am only 5 weeks PG but am feeling quite sick :puke: so all seems well at mo...lol... :rotfl:

Look forward to reading more BFP stories...

xx tigger xx

I love reading all these stories!

I was on the pill when i found out! I was late after i'd stopped for my week break but really didn't think much of it. I'd been doing a qualification for work and had exam stress and so really didn't twig with any of the symptoms (was feeling sooo tired, a bit sicky now and again and sore boobies).

Decided to do a test on the Monday after getting through the weekend pondering my lateness :think: Hadn't told anyone what i was thinking as i just thought i was being silly! Got one of the digitial tests where the word 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant' came up as this was my first ever pregnancy test, didn't want any fussing over what line meant what!

Did a test when i came home and almost straight away the 'pregnant' came up in the window and my face went something like this :shock: :shock: :? :) :D :dance:

Told my OH as soon as he came home that night by saying, i've got something to show you and then shoving the test result under his nose and he was sooo excited as well. We were definitely not planning it but it has been the best surprise ever....although extremely scary too!! I didn't realise how ready i was until it just happened, i think sometimes you body just decides to take over!!

:cheer:

Hi all
Everyone's stories are so interesting.
Hubby and I are now 37 and have been together since 6th form. We really didn't want children. 4 years ago my mum had cervical cancer and nearly died (she's all clear now after a hystrectomy) and 3 years ago hubby's mum died (she was 78 and had him late in life) and suddenly our priorities changed.
So after 18 1/2 years together we got married and I came off the pill. That was just over 2 years ago. Unfortunately I had 2 mcs in 2007 and another this year. Doctors saw no reason, other than us both being over 35 and me needing to lose a stone or two.
We'd always dreamt of starting our own business from home, so this Spring we decided to take time off ttc and set it up. All went well, I lost just over a stone and we decided in September to go for it again.
I bought some OV predictors but didn't get a surge so thought we'd have to try again in October. But I 'felt' pregnant so got a test from Boots and tried it.
I expected a negative but was gobsmacked when it was positive. I must have ov'd either early or late!
Hubby was in our workshop so ran to tell him and he was so excited.
I'm trying to stay positive, which I'm mostly quite good at (with one or two dips!) and know that different sperm + different egg = different pregnancy. Still can't help being a bit scared but I don't think it matters whether you've mc'd or not, everyone has the same concerns (although us with recurrent mc do tend to over-analyse every symptom).
Good luck to all of you.
Here's to us all having healthy babies!
Love
Helen

Well....

I came off the pill on the 18th August this year expecting it to take me a few months for my body to sort itself out and get into the routine of having natural periods again. DH and I thought we would try anyway and if it happened the first month it happened (which I honestly didnt expect it to!!) and bobs your uncle, I was pregnant straight away, found out in September and hadnt even had a 'proper' period after coming off the pill.

Very lucky indeed if you ask me! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

i was on the pill when it happened :shock: went on a night out n went home with one of my good mates 2 1/2 weeks later i came off my pill for my period and it didnt come i was reasurred this was nomral so carried on with the pill as nomral aswell as carrying on with my party lifestyle 4 weeks later my dad asked me if i was pregnant becaus emy tummy was bloated i said no but it got me thinking and only then it started to twig in my head... boobs getting bigger, feeling bloated, feeling really tired all teh time.... anyway after a week of wondering a built the courage to go into a boots store i chose one about 25 miles away so i wouldnt see anyone i knew :oops: and bought one from there went home and waited until i needed a wee and did the test.... pregnant! thats my story i was quite shocked and upset when i found out only because ive never been a fan of kids! but when i found out i found myself at work staring at all the little babies and toddlers that came in and going awww and im now looking forward to it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back