didn't get a pic :-(

tracyM

Reaction score
After drinking the obligatory 2 pints of water before we set off, the receptionist told us they were running late and would have a short wait before the scan. After 30 minutes cross legged, (why do they put toilets right next to the waiting area?), we went into the darkened room and waited another 10 minutes for the radiographer to finish a sandwich.

She managed to get a decent view but decided because baby was curled up, I'd need to get up and have a quick walk round. Back to the couch ten minutes later, and still curled up so she tipped the bed half upside down and prodded around on my tummy trying to get baby to move - not much fun when your bladder is about to explode!! Finally, she was able to do all the measurements she needed (my dates were only two days out), but because it was officially lunch time, we'd have to wait another 20 minutes before she could get any pictures.

Bladder or pictures? After 10 minutes, I decided bladder was more important. They did at least refund the money, and made an early morning appointment for the 20 wk scan in September.

Ah what a pain in the backside I love looking at my scan pic although it prob looks loads diff already. nearly 3 weeks since going but your right its not fair asking a pregnant woman to hold all that water, you should have gone to the toilet then started drinking again, as if your bladder is too full they get you to empty it out a bit anyway.

That's out of order, I'm really sorry for you. Hopefully you will get a really good one at 20 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back