• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tell me Im being bad.

zebrastripes said:
But Abercrombie tops never seem that durable anyway :think: my best mate is a total sucker for A&F, she never buys the tops cause she says they aren't worth what you pay, on the other hand she swears by the hoodies...

Oh I didnt no that.
First time iv bought/going to buy an abercrombie and fitch item :)
Saw my freind with an a&f hoodie today and there really nice

I would get a hoodie then. they seem far better value.

Oh, and in regards to people having a go at you:

I'm not saying it's right, but when you are in this position you have to be a little more discrete in some ways. Even if you know you are in the right. At the minute you have no outgoings, you basically have to sort yourself and baby out,for now- and that is nothing compared to sorting yourself,baby,plus mortgage/rent/rates etc etc. And sometimes it's a bit galling for people who have to be careful with every penny to see you being in a position where you do have a bit to spare. Especially when the money has been just given to you.

To compare,for instance, I am always a lot more carefulnow when i use a word such as "tart" - not that i did much anyway- but even in the jokey context I use it in,people can think "wait a minute, bit rich coming from you, miss underage pregnancy" etc etc

If it were me I wouldn't bother. 1) It's not like you'll even see the label and it's just a t-shirt at the end of the day. You can get yourself a better quality t-shirt in a high street department store for half that 2) It's ebay and the odds are high that it's not genuine anyway, as much as the listing says it is. Save it for something nicer after bubs is here because honestly by the time you're frazzled with baby for a few weeks (OK, days... hours) you'll be itching to be able to treat yourself.

Just be careful, though, because if you do find yourself homeless with a new baby then £25 could all of a sudden seem like a lot of money.

Can I just point out one thing...
This is what i originally posted:
'And I shouldnt spend that amount of money on one t shirt even though its LUSH!
Sooo tempted!'
The title was 'tell me im being bad'
I didnt say id bought it/was going to buy it.
I was hoping people would say i shouldnt buy it and was only a jokey thread as the title is 'tell me im being bad', but i didnt expect them to act like id asked there opinion about a £200 pair of shoes and started questioning wher ei get my money from, when frankly thast none of there buisness.
And zebrastripes, why should you have to be careful about what you say? as long as you didnt mean anything by it, people shouldnt be so hot headed and jump on people when they see/hear something they dont like without getting the facts first.

jazzmum2be said:
And zebrastripes, why should you have to be careful about what you say? as long as you didnt mean anything by it, people shouldnt be so hot headed and jump on people when they see/hear something they dont like without getting the facts first.

I don't mean you should curb your natural inclination to say something.
I'm saying that when you are in certain situations, what you say can bring a bad reflection back upon you, and it can give the wrong impression of who you are.
It's not having to kow tow to society's image or anything, it is mere prudence

Yeah i supose.
But I still think theres a few people on here who are hard up, but I bet they still treat themselves once in a while.
It seems funny that this is the 4th post now of mine to make arguments, it seems funny its always mine and no one elses really.
Sorry for thinking people like having diggs at me, if you were in my position you would probobly think the same.

its not my cup of tea but i could EASILY spend that much on one top. iv spent quadruple that on one nite out on occasion :oops: :oops: :oops: and its not like i'm rich or anything :eek: so who am i to judge lol! go for it :D

To answer your question, yes you are being bad and you shouldn't spend that amount on
a t-shirt :D

Just kiddin, buy it if you want it, but if your anything like me you'll end up
regretting it! xx

jazzmum2be said:
Sorry for thinking people like having diggs at me, if you were in my position you would probobly think the same.

If I let it bother me everytime someone disagreed with me on here I would be sat rocking in a padded room. Try not to let it bother you :D

SarahH said:
jazzmum2be said:

If I let it bother me everytime someone disagreed with me on here I would be sat rocking in a padded room. Try not to let it bother you :D

How dare anyone disagree with you Sarah! ;)

jazzmum2be said:
Yeah i supose.
But I still think theres a few people on here who are hard up, but I bet they still treat themselves once in a while.
It seems funny that this is the 4th post now of mine to make arguments, it seems funny its always mine and no one elses really.

I don't know,I have been and in some ways still am in your position. I've been on this forum since I was fifteen,pregnant with my daughter, and I must say I don't THINK I've got too many people's backs up.

I'm hard up! Extremely hard up to the point where i have to give away my animals to save me some cash! I'm doing everything i can to save what i can coz like you i'm gonna be homeless.
I haven't treated myself in months! I have bought very few things for Angel as i simply cannot afford it. Any money i get sits in the bank as i will need it when i go in the hostel.
I just feel whatever i have needs to be saved for emergencies. When Angel runs out of nappies or wipes that's a fair bit gone!

Bee said:
SarahH said:
jazzmum2be said:

In my opinion people wernt just disagreeing with me.
they were making sarcastic comments about my situation and where I get money from.
If they said ''I think your off spending it on something else hun it seems a lot of money for a t shirt''.
But they ddint they were saying other things and being sarcastic and funny about it.

Yeah I guess im hoping to go back to a size 8, ven though im crap at excercise :lol:

jazzmum2be said:
Bee said:
SarahH said:
jazzmum2be said:

In my opinion people wernt just disagreeing with me.
they were making sarcastic comments about my situation and where I get money from.
If they said ''I think your off spending it on something else hun it seems a lot of money for a t shirt''.
But they ddint they were saying other things and being sarcastic and funny about it.

I'm going to be honest and say I think you are looking for controversy here. I have already asked who has been funny with you. No-one has, you put up a post asking about should you buy a t shirt and people have answered, either yes or no. No-one has been rude or very personal, they have given advice which may not have been asked for but that is because they have read your other posts and care for you. If you don't want their advice or anyone to comment about this white t shirt then perhaps make up your own mind whether you want to buy it or not. No-one has been out of order on this thread apart maybe from you when you had a go at Reggies mum but this is what the forum is like. People agree, people disagree. If people are overly rude or judgemental they will get remionded of the rules, but no-one on this thread has been so I think an arguement is being created out of nothing. I have been aware that you have been singled out in the past and this has been acted on but this thread is going a bit over the top.

ReggiesMummy said:
Sorry if this sounds rude but me and OH both work full time and yet still struggled when peparing for a new baby...you are single, unemployed and yet have the spending power of a celebrity, buying one pram then deciding on a new one cos you preferred it, not to mention the countless other items you've posted to say you are buying, HOW DO YOU DO IT??!! Seriously I'd like to know cos I'd love to be able to afford all those new things :wink:

How is that just having an opinion?
People question me most times i make a post about soemthing other than my pregnancy.
Sorry if i feel like there having a dig.
Its not just me who feels like they are either i no afew other members think they are too.
they shouldnt ask me to justify myself as to where i egt money from and weather i shud be spending it on better things.

jazzmum2be said:
ReggiesMummy said:
Sorry if this sounds rude but me and OH both work full time and yet still struggled when peparing for a new baby...you are single, unemployed and yet have the spending power of a celebrity, buying one pram then deciding on a new one cos you preferred it, not to mention the countless other items you've posted to say you are buying, HOW DO YOU DO IT??!! Seriously I'd like to know cos I'd love to be able to afford all those new things :wink:

How is that just having an opinion?

it is an opinion - it is what she thinks therefore it is an opinion. The ;) at the end also shows she has her tongue in her cheek which means its meant in a lighhthearted fashion. Now if she said "how dare you buy that top, where are you getting your moneyt from. your poor child will go without :evil: " then she is being judgemental but she didn't and therefore she wasn't. If you had thought she was then perhaps a PM to ask what she meant might have been better instead of biting her head off.

jazzmum2be said:
Having a a**hole of a dad, who gives me lots of money to 'make up' for not being there for me. he gave me a £1500 at christmas to buy baby things out of at christmas, thats whhy iv been able to get quite a bit. Even though I really shouldnt have to explain myself and my reasons to people on here :clap: :clap:

well that was my opinion as well.
Like you say were allowed our opinions.

shuvel.jpg

:rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member