• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tell me Im being bad.

buy it if you like it hunni. Id save some £££ for clothes for after you've had LO though, everything will get s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to pieces otherwise :shock: I ruined quite a few of my nice clothes by squeezing my bump into them :lol:

jazzmum2be said:
Hmmm maybe.
But I dont see why i cant treat myself once in a whilre.
Its not like iv spent all of it on me.
Iv spend 90% of the money on my baby.
Just because we have kids it doesnt mean eevry peny we get has to go on them, I dont want my baby being brought up to be spoilt.

Yeah you're right you should be able to treat yourself too, i guess it's just me being a worrier by nature and thinking over cautiously perhaps!

£25 4 a top is not bad..it looks stretchy, its not plain white either its got faint stripes in it :think:
and she could go primark and spend what £4/5 on a top that she will wash and it shrinks so wats the point in that
all the tops iv had from there do, and they go out of shape ...u no what they say you buy cheap u buy twice
and if its only a treat why not, i hear people on here say they have spent £30/40 on nails and no-one attacks them its stupid !!!

KirstyD said:
Jazz i think you get what you see as arsey comments because some of your posts have been a bit contradictory i.e with the posts about being made homeless and worrying for your future then the next asking which top of the range xxx should i buy.

Don't apologise for spending the money if you have it, just be mindful when you post the 'im in a really bad position' posts that alot of people will be genuinely worrying about you, then suddenly reading you have been given a shed loads of money can put peoples backs up because the situation isn't as bad as it sounded and may feel mislead, im not saying your situation is good but if you have been given £1500 then its definitely not that bad, that is ALOT of money.

As you say that money isn't reglar income so cant rely on it for a house, so IMO even MORE reason to spend carefully, buy cheaply and keep any spare to one side, save it for when times get tough if you are truely uncertain of your's and babies future.

On the actual subject of the top, buy it if you want it and it is important to you! I wouldn't as it's not a maternity top and soon enough you wont fit in it anyway!!

Very well said! This doesn't need to turn nasty at all- its good that people are looking out for Jazz and trying to give her good advice. If the money is a gift and you are worried he wont help you once the baby is here then perhaps you should save it. If you think you deserve a treat then buy the top. Your choice :D

Well hun, looking at your response to most people who've suggested you don't get it it sounds like you've kind of made your mind up to get it anyway - if you really want it, get it. You don't need a bunch of almost total strangers telling you what you can and can't buy.

Personally - I'd find it difficult to justify spending that amount on one tshirt, as I'd rather have a bagful of stuff from somewhere cheaper, but at the end of the day it's up to you!

larisa said:
£25 4 a top is not bad..it looks stretchy, its not plain white either its got faint stripes in it :think:
and she could go primark and spend what £4/5 on a top that she will wash and it shrinks so wats the point in that
all the tops iv had from there do, and they go out of shape ...u no what they say you buy cheap u buy twice
and if its only a treat why not, i hear people on here say they have spent £30/40 on nails and no-one attacks them its stupid !!!

Exactly the reason I don't buy from Primark, I personally think the quality on a lot of stuff there is rubbish!

Tillytots said:
buy it if you like it hunni. Id save some £££ for clothes for after you've had LO though, everything will get s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to pieces otherwise :shock: I ruined quite a few of my nice clothes by squeezing my bump into them :lol:

Or they'll get stretched when you have a baby hanging off them :lol: Finlay likes to pull tops and look at boobs :lol:

I dont no Im still thinking about it.
Some people are diferant.
Some people would rather spend £25 on 2 t shirts and trousers from primark and get cheaper quality when some would rather spend a bit extra on one thing and get better quality.
Depends on who you are and what you like.
No one got this agrivated at someone else when they made a post about spending £30 on there nails, and there only a bit older than me, so technically they should be skint and not be able to spend there money on £30 nails :think:

jazzmum2be said:
I dont no Im still thinking about it.
Some people are diferant.
Some people would rather spend £25 on 2 t shirts and trousers from primark and get cheaper quality when some would rather spend a bit extra on one thing and get better quality.
Depends on who you are and what you like.
No one got this agrivated at someone else when they made a post about spending £30 on there nails, and there only a bit older than me, so technically they should be skint and not be able to spend there money on £30 nails :think:

exactly my point
and like its been said your not going to be able to spend that much when little 1 is here as there will be other things more important, why not do it while you can hey :wink:

i think your very mature for a 16 yr old ... most 16 yrs old i no that money would of been gone a long long time ago ...and like u say uv spent 90% on jamie soo why not have 10% on ur self ,crime of the century or what

Please dont think I am having a go at you Jazz, but I dont think the £30 nail person (sorry no idea who you are on about!) is in the same situ as you - the way you spoke the other week you were very close to being chucked out while pregnant! I dont think it has anything to do with cheap clothes v's more expensive ones

Shes 18, pregnant and doesnt have a partner.
She would need all the money she could get too, and OBVIOUSLY treating herself to having her nails done, wouldnt that be classed as like a really bad thingt o do on pf? :think:

SarahH said:
Please dont think I am having a go at you Jazz, but I dont think the £30 nail person (sorry no idea who you are on about!) is in the same situ as you - the way you spoke the other week you were very close to being chucked out while pregnant! I dont think it has anything to do with cheap clothes v's more expensive ones

course it has b-cuz people have told her to go and shop sumwhere like primark ...where they get washed once and shrink wats the point ..by the time u av added it all up she mise well have brought the £25..
im not saying all primark tops are bad but most of them are well the stretch 1s are n eway

jazzmum2be said:
She would need all the money she could get too, and OBVIOUSLY treating herself to having her nails done, wouldnt that be classed as like a really bad thingt o do on pf? :think:

As I said hun, I wasnt having a go, so dont get so defensive. I said I didnt know who it was.
Has this girl got the chance of being homeless soon, as that is the main thing in the whole grand scheme of things

I get defensive because every single thread i seem to make gets people having a go.
Well not having a go but its the way they say things.
They dont do it to anyone else.
Fair enough if id have said yeah im thinking of buying a pair of £200 shoes. But its a £25 top.
Yes Ill be homeless, but its not like I can buy a flat with £25. :lol:

larisa said:
SarahH said:

course it has b-cuz people have told her to go and shop sumwhere like primark ...where they get washed once and shrink wats the point ..by the time u av added it all up she mise well have brought the £25..
im not saying all primark tops are bad but most of them are well the stretch 1s are n eway

:think: I dont get what that has to do with what I said!!! If you look back to the beginning I said to buy the top if she wants, it is her money... all I am say is I know if I were pregnant and was possibly away to become homeless I sure as sh*t wouldnt be having time to look on ebay for clothes - no matter what the cost! I would be doing my damned to make sure I had somewhere to live for when my baby was born.

Anyways, this is the same argument as always - I havent said anything nasty to or about Jazz, just tried to offer some advice.

Do what you like as I know whatever you decide, it isnt going to spoil my sleep!

SarahH said:
jazzmum2be said:

As I said hun, I wasnt having a go, so dont get so defensive. I said I didnt know who it was.
Has this girl got the chance of being homeless soon, as that is the main thing in the whole grand scheme of things

homeless has got nothing to do with it did she post about being homeless :think:
she posted about a top...im 18 iv got my own place iv got a partner i pay my bills ...so that means i wud be able to by a £25 top rite ?
there has been some good advice given not all bad ...but jazz heres my advice just post about your pregnancy queries ...thts what im going to do surely nothing big can come of that rite ???

Its not what people say its how they say it.
Every single bliming time i sem to post a thread about something other than my pregnancy.
But yes im going to be homeless but i cant ring them 24/7 demanding a flat/mother and baby unit.
It takes time.
Of course Im going to have some time by myself to sit on pf etc.
I dont sit on the phone every day pressing redial and asking them whats happening about a flat every second.

jazz, I get what you mean about spendig more money on one decent shirt than the same amount on 3 crap ones or w/e
But Abercrombie tops never seem that durable anyway :think: my best mate is a total sucker for A&F, she never buys the tops cause she says they aren't worth what you pay, on the other hand she swears by the hoodies...

Personally I wouldn't buy it anyway, I don't go by labels, and I don't like dull white things unless they are under something bright.But that's me

You are entitled to a treat but unless you really,really like the top I'd save your money for something nicer :D

You'd have thought the seller would have ironed the top before listing it! :rotfl:

£25 isn't a horrendous amount to spend on a top but IMO it is a bit plain for that price. I would go to primark, especially seeing as your bump will stretch it :D

KirstyD said:
Jazz i think you get what you see as arsey comments because some of your posts have been a bit contradictory i.e with the posts about being made homeless and worrying for your future then the next asking which top of the range xxx should i buy.

Don't apologise for spending the money if you have it, just be mindful when you post the 'im in a really bad position' posts that alot of people will be genuinely worrying about you, then suddenly reading you have been given a shed loads of money can put peoples backs up because the situation isn't as bad as it sounded and may feel mislead, im not saying your situation is good but if you have been given £1500 then its definitely not that bad, that is ALOT of money.

As you say that money isn't reglar income so cant rely on it for a house, so IMO even MORE reason to spend carefully, buy cheaply and keep any spare to one side, save it for when times get tough if you are truely uncertain of your's and babies future.

On the actual subject of the top, buy it if you want it and it is important to you! I wouldn't as it's not a maternity top and soon enough you wont fit in it anyway!!

I have to agree with Kirsty. If I were in your position and was given that amount of money, I would spend it VERY carefully.. tbh I probably wouldn't spend any of it once I had bought everything I could for the baby, I would save it for emergency situations when the baby is actually born. You never know when you might run out of nappies/formula milk/wipes, etc. etc., and be strapped for cash!

Personally I would feel a bit guilty spending £25 on a top for myself when I know every single penny my OH earns goes on paying our mortgage, bills and putting food in our mouths, but that's not to say you shouldn't treat yourself. I know you've already sepnt a lot of money on bubs, so if you want it, then get it! By the way I'm not having a go at you at all and I don't want to sound rude, just giving my opinion. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back