ebay seller trying to rip me off... !!!!

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
What is it with some ppl...

bought a 2200uv pond filter thingy.. this is the link..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

anyway, got it today, no bulb included, hes taken the plug off and theres no fooking instructions.. so emailed him, hes refunded me £8.50 for the bulb and plug but got no explanation as to why they was missing..

anyway ive just looked through his feedback, and he bought this item on 22nd april this is the feedback the seller left him..
this is the link to what he bought... you will see they are excatly the same!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0113515390

A NASTY TRICKSTER - STAY CLEAR Seller: sussexbeer ( 147) 09-May-07 18:40

his reply to that..

SENT DUFF GOODS >> REFUSED REFUND >> REPORTED TO EBAY <BEWARE> RUDE & ARROGANT

H)ZELOCK BIOFORCE 2200 UV Pond filter (#150113515390)

so hes sold duff goods knowing full well its fooking duff.. no wonder theres no plug.. grrrr... ive given him 2 choices he either refunds me all my money back, or i claim through ebay!

what would you do..

This is the reply i just got from the answer boards.. they can be a great help..

I reckon you should get a refund from the seller or, if that doesn't work, from PayPal. It is not acceptable to respond to buying something "duff" by trying to pass it on to someone else. You will have to pay to post the item back but some of the eBay sellers offer decent shipping rates in the category Local Services > Courier & Delivery Services.

My guess is that the item is described as "new" because it was returned to a shop by the first customer. The shop then auctioned it off to the first seller (Argos have a site doing nothing else but sell off their shop returns), and the first seller sold it to the second seller. It could conceivably be described as "new" because, being faulty, it has never been used. The box and instructions will have got lost along the way.

However, it is still clearly not as described and you are entitled to a refund.

:cheer: bring it on.. it will teach them to rip me off :twisted:

this is my messages and his replys to him.. mine are in red his are blue..

Hi, many thanks for the refund, all accepted this end, sorry to be a pain, but theres no instructions to this either, so can you tell me where the uv bulb goes as we cant see how it goes in.. i can see its new, but in all honesty, no plug, no bulb and now no instructions, if i was selling something like that without bits i would have listed what was missing, you only listed 1 thing and i was to find everything else was missing when we got it..
as for the postage, thats not my fault, you undercharged i always charge more and refund any difference if cusomer has overpaid..
thanks anyway!

Hi to fit the bulb unclip the top from the bottom turn the top upside down remove the 2 filter sponges and you will see a white housing with a single screw . undo the screw and turn the white housing anti clockwise and then fit the bulb.

Regards

Mike

Right, just been through your feedback and seen you buy this on 22nd april 2007 ended at 19.45pm, your feedbck to the seller was you sent duff goods etc etc and they refused a refund.. so may i ask before we go any further why you have resold it nowing full well its duff... the seller to this is sussexbeer.. Its got excatly the same description and low and behold it was sold with no hosetail.. i shall be taking this to ebay.. as you have sold duff goods and you knew about it.. i honestly thought you was a honest ebayer.. will teach me to read feedback first before buying again.. so its up to you, i give you 2 choices.. i will send this back to you and ask for a full refund, or i shall take this to ebay /paypal and claim through them.. No wonder theres no plug, it all makes sense now!

Send it back for a refund You might notice that I paid £41.00 for it and it came with out a bulb .. I asked for a refund and ebay and the seller did nothing about it .. you might want to look at all the good feedback I have .. send it back ... please send it back I could do with out all the hassel

Ok so where do i send it to.. i did notice what you paid for it, also on the listing from when you purchased it states It has a built in 5w UV to prevent green water. so what i dont understand is you knew it didnt have a bulb but you thought you would still sell duff items, fair enough you told me about the bulb, but after i purchased the item.. also i think there was some kind of shill bidding to get your money back and ebay can and will look into that if im not happy about the length of time it takes to get my money bck.. so i expect a refund for the full amount of £36.95- the £8.50 you have already refunded, as i have to pay to send the item bck to you! im not loosing out on £16 on postage..

do u think im being resonable about it all...

Perfectly reasonable.
I am having a similar problem with a seller who sold me a stained dress, except he won't let me return it or pay anything to get it dry cleaned.

Good luck, your response it firm but not rude.

well from that last response i sent him, his response was..

ive changed my mind .. go to ebay!

so now i have to wait till 22nd july before i can place item not as described dispute.. then wait a further 10 days for paypal to respond and process my dispute to a claim..

arghhhh :twisted:

I dont think i totally understand, did he buy something that was faulty then sell it to you?

jenna said:
I dont think i totally understand, did he buy something that was faulty then sell it to you?

yes yes yes.. and he left feedback for the seller he bought it from calling them and saying he was gonna take legal action.. then had the cheek to sell it to me.. :roll:

well then no i dont think your being unreasonable! If he wasnt happy with it thats his problem, but to sell it on knowing full well its crap is just wrong :hug:

Cheeky fucker SSS, take him to the cleaners, that is rude.

Ive had nothing but good luck with the sellers i have been in contact with so far.

Just make sure that eBay see all your correspondence and he'll have no leg to stand on, since he clearly admits he's at fault and why.

Cheeky sod. And idiotic, too, since he must have known it could easily be sussed and that it would result in yet MORE negative feedback besmirching his supposedly good record.

Oh i will do, i'll be posting all the messages thats been sent to and from in the dispute!

also what he said, he lost hosetails and bulb due a move he had .. why lie to me.. when he knew he hadnt lost them he bought it without them in the first place.. just annoying now i have to wait days on end...

Sounds like a prize dingbat to me. I'm sure eBay will clear it up, though. I presume you paid by PayPal? A refund should be really simple in that case.

If he carries on like this, he'll get himself struck off, which will at least prevent other people from being caught out. Of course, you can't give him the negative feedback he deserves until this is resolved, can you? Pity, that.

yes i paid via paypal.. but what he says is.. ebay and the seller he bought it from wouldnt give him a refund, thats why he sold it on..

i kindly stated he knew he was selling faulty goods so ebay WILL go in my favour.. i hope they do anyway..

once i have my money back bad feedbck will follow :twisted:

Ive opened a paypal claim today as not as described.. means i have to wait 20 whole days before i can make it into a claim though.. that gives him 20 days of excuses hahaha

just checked the link and hes actually taken everything off!!! :shock:

oh hang on, was i looking at what he bought 1st time? maybe i was, but theres nothing there on the one you bought.

i hope u get your money back sun as edjits like him should be banned permanatly. my oh wont let me shop on ebay due to edjits like that guy.

my cousin got ripped fof by someone when they sold him something for his car. was for the wheel. he couldnt get a refund cant remember why not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back