Teething

Hypnorm

Reaction score
HI,
My 7 week old seems to be teething?!
dribbling, grouchy, chewing on fingers.
can see small white areas in place where first teeth come through.
Any ideas or iss this too early?

his teeth shouldn't come through till roughly 6 months but having said that, there have been babies born with teeth!!

It is quite possible, and more likely that his teeth are just moving around in his gums and giving him grief, that happened with my little boy from about 6-7 weeks. See if there is a teething gel that you can use for his age or give him something to hold and chew - a flannel thats been in the freezer for a while is a good one!!

there is this powder that i swear by.

i tried everything with my two when they were teething, all the gels, calpol, teething rings, nothing worked, then i tried the powders, GOD SEND!!! they work almost instantly.

i think they are called Ashton and parson teething powders.
they are little wraps of white powder that you put on to the babys tongue, you can buy them in any chemist.

Im going to stock up on them for when this little one arrives

I used them too Layla - they are fab!!!!

They also settle their tunnies as well as sooth the pain. I always looked very dodgy in the middle of the high street with my bit of folded paper putting white powder into my babies mouth!! Got some really funny looks!!! :wink:

We got visited by a dental nurse at one of our postnatal group and she said it's common for the teething signs to start at this stage (this is the same with my Dominic) and some teeth do come through before 6 months so don't worry, we have early developers ;)

hi my daughter was drippling and teething form about 8wks but her first tooth didnt cut till 6months

Jamie has started teething now so i bought some of the astons powder yesterday...with this can you also use the teething gel??

also how exactly does the powder stuff work?? sorry sounds thick!!! lol but does it numb their gums or something???!!!!

Don't worry you don't sound thick I didn't even know of the powder, just the gel!!!

Thanks minikins!! i too wouldnt have had a clue about the powder if i hadnt heard people talk of it on here!!

i've started using the powder and calpol which seems to help..haven't a clue how the powder works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back