Teething

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Well HV confirmed it today at nearly 9 weeks old Phoebe is teething.

She's been off her feeds for the last few days, she's just been chomping on the teat for an hour without taking any milk. HV said her gums are really hard.

So I've got her some dentinox teething gel at it says its suitable from birth but it wears off pretty quickly.

Pointless post really just thought I'd share, any got any tips on helping with teething?

I used to rub my los gums with a muslin cloth when he was tiny which he seemed to like! Also the nuby ring was great i used to hold it for him and he would chomp away until he was old enough to hold it himself. Also nelsons powders are great, and the teething rings u put in the fridge so they are nice and cool. Poor bubba, hope shes ok xx

Ooh what are the powders I've not heard of them. It's so awful for her she doesn't have much luck poor thing, she's still got colic too :( xx

Bonjella and calpol worked for Oscar, we tried the lot too, anbesol, aston parsons powders, dentinox etc. But only bonjella and calpol together soothe him he's really bad.

Also we keep teethers in the freezer so he can chomp on them too.

He's teething atm too, got 4 keep swelling up and disappearing again. Hope they come through quicker than the last one, it took 3 months lol

Ooh what are the powders I've not heard of them. It's so awful for her she doesn't have much luck poor thing, she's still got colic too :( xx

They are called nelsons powders, they are completely herbal. My lo loves them! He opens his mouth wide qhen he sees me with them! I think its cammomile? In italy they also rub almond oil on the gums qhich tbh i had never heard of before but it seems to work xx

Phoebe must be in sync with Cam, he's teething as well it seems! Chomping on his fists is his new fave past time :roll:

:( aww no it's awful, hope Cam doesn't suffer too much! She completely went off her milk and seems to keep chomping on her teat for comfort rather than having any milk, so I feel sorry for you if Cam decides to do the same with your boobies :/ xx

That sounds great Amy and Maria thanks. I'm all for trying anything herbal as the doc said I should use calpol very sparingly until she's 3 months old xx

Those nelsons powders sound good :)
Luckily no nipple chewing yet Rachael lol x

Check out something called Anbesol! I swore by it with Alfie...not sure if shes too young yet though :( Its an antiseptic and anesthetic :)

Stanley is chomping his fist too but I think its just cos he's found it and not cos he's teething lol

Alfie was 14 weeks when his first one cut so it may be soon :/

xx

I'll have to look into it see whether she's old enough for it, thanks :)

The HV didn't believe me at first, she said it's unlikely because she's so young! But then she stuck her finger in her mouth (she asked me if she could do so first & I made her wash her hands) lol, but then she said she couldn't believe how hard her gums where and agreed she's definetely teething xx

Poor thing :-( they have all kinds of things that are affected by teething :-( I remember alfie getting really sore bum when he was teething its horrible :-( xx

Sometimes I feel like leandros starting too. Hes started chewing on his fists and plays with his bottle before drinking. Before when he chess onn his fists I took out for a sign of.hunger now though he spits the bottle out and only drinks about 3/4 oz of a 6oz feed xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back