teething

lucylu87

Reaction score
zaks two bottom teeth have just broke thru the gums and he has been in obvious pain with them. will this put him off his feeds ? instead of his usual four 7-8oz bottles a day, he is now having 5-6oz four times, maybe 5 times. so he is having around about the same a day, if not a little less. is this just cos of his teeth? or is it a sign of something else ? anyone else experienced this ?

Normally they dont.fancy eatting sleep pattens affected and cracking Nappy rash is all due.to teething along with runny noses cold like.symptoms

It.does sound like he.doesn't want.to eat due to teething. Once there.broken through it.normally gets.better. good luck hun. X x

Oscar started teething at 8 weeks old, his top gum is full of teeth, you can see them and feel them but not 1 has cut through yet. It causes him alot of discomfort though, he rubs his mouth and the amount of drool is unreal. It defo effects his feeding, sometimes he can't lay a certain way as he just screams so can only be fed on the opposite side. I used to worry until I figured it was his teeth and would put bonjela on, leave for a bit then try feeding him again on that side later.

Poor little mites, my mum says you can't remember being a baby because they're such painful times lol, what with teething and growing pains. Bless her lol

My little girl is teething what a night mare esp as shes teething well to early.One thing i will say try Calgel or Dentionx teething gel she loves them and defo helps also put some on the dummy if you use one esp when there shattered that lil bit extra helps.Good luck

aaawww hun, I'm going through this with Layla at the moment too.

Maria - Layla is the same... she has teeth too but not one of them is cutting through yet! At times she is in sooooo much pain with it. It's awful.

Back to Zak though... he's feeding pretty well hun if he's taking anywhere from 5-8oz bottles. I did read that babies of the ages of ours should be having anywhere from 19-35oz depending on the baby (as every baby is different). If it is a major concern though i would speak to HV, but if he is getting anything inbetween that 19-35 then I wouldn't worry too much. Don't know if that is any help at all? Hope he feels better soon :) xx

thanks that helps. was just worrying as he usually downs 8oz a time whereas now im lucky if he finishes 1 bottle a day ! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back