• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teething Questions

BabyNumber1

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wanted some advice please :)

My little girl is 16 weeks old and i think she may be teething already.... her cheeks are bright red, shes biting down on anything and everything she can push to her mouth and drooling all over the show and crying uncontrollably... that to me suggests she is teething...

I took her to get weighed today and spoke to the midwife about it as she has had some really bad bouts of belly ache aswell and i got told that all those symptoms are coincidental and she wont start teething until around 9 months?

I know every baby is different and some are even born with teeth but is this her just dismissing it or will she definately know? She didnt look in her mouth or anything?

Also, on the subject of teething... i have been advised to try an amber necklace for help ease the pain... has anyone else had any experience of these working? I just want to try everything i can to stop it hurting her but wanted someone elses opinion on this.

9 months?! Mine had 6 teeth by then!

My little one had his first tooth at 5 months old.

I can't recommend the amber teething necklace enough! I got an anklet first as felt uncomfortable putting a necklace on him so young and it was great. Then lost it (had a week of hell when we did) and bought a necklace after that. If he is teething, I don't notice. I only notice when we forget to put the necklace back on after a bath and then he gets red cheeks, bad nappy rash and is whingey. I tell everyone to get one as its been one of the best things I've bought.

Here he is in his necklace from Dino Daisy (search for them on facebook) it was about £12 I think.

5c28e444-0dbe-6006.jpg

9 months? Do me a favour lol

Oscars gums were bulging from 8 weeks old.

All the symtpoms can be down to other things, but they can be teething related also.

You could try some bonjella maybe? We were using that on oscar from about 12 weeks old in the end.

He cut his first tooth a week before 5 months old, then then 2nd came through within the week. He is 10.5 months now and has 7 teeth, #8 is driving us all crazy coz it just won't cut through. When his first two came through was the worst, OMG he was in so much pain and the only thing that helped him was calpol and bonjella. We tried everything out there but only them 2 things helped relieve him.

xxxxxxx

Thanks for the advice :)

That's what I thought but just wanted to get someones opinion...

We have tried bonjela and that didn't seem to help for longer than an hour, the new era teething dissolvables are pretty good but I do have to top up with bonjela aswell throughout the day! I think I might get and amber bracelet and see how thatworks!

Thanks again!! Xx

Tegan got her first tooth at 4 1/2 months now at 1 has 12! we find ashton & parsons eething powders really help! x

9 months lol, where do they get their info from lol, paige was teething from around 6-8 weeks and had a full mouth by the time she was 1 xx

i think your midwife needs retraining! Edie is 6 months old (4 months corrected age) and has one tooth already and another two on their way! sounds to me like your baby is defo teething! x

I agree with the others, definitely sounds like teething, your HV sounds like she could do with a refresher course lol!

We use an Amber necklace, and I do think it's helped, I'd certainly recommend one :thumbup:

We used an amber necklace with Toby too - I'd definitely recommend them! And he got his first teeth at just over 5 months x

Bump!

For those that have amber necklaces, how long do they take to work? Put one on Emma last night and don't notice a difference yet.... am I just being desperate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back