Teething Necklaces?

zebrastripes

Reaction score
The Willow machine has started some serious teething...sooo...I was wondering if anyone ever used an amber teething necklace with theirs? and....do they work....where do you get them,etc?

Hey Rebekah,

I took delivery of mine last week!

I ordered ours from here, she hasn't been bothered with teeth since - but she's never been awful with teething pain really, I'm just trying to pre-empt it and HATE giving her medicine.

The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't fit under her clothes (I thought it would, but the string is slightly too short - probably for safety reasons) - so people might see it and think she's chav baby and start looking for the soverign rings! I thought it would be hidden. I even took it off to go to baby clinic today as I thought the HV might think the same!

I did think initially when I saw them that she would chew on the beads, but the amber is absorbed through the skin.

I think FluffyBunny has one for Evie and has used hers for a long time, she might have more advice for you.

Let us know if you get one!

Valentine Xxx

there fab, just watch where you buy them from and how their made. the ones with knots inbetween each bead can become weak quite quickly and be wary of the material used to string them as stuff like hemp becomes weak with baby dribble and deteriates.some are tested to CE standards for the strength of the cord used.

but yeah definatetly buy one. they have amazing results.

I think they are great and have used one on Evie since she was around 4/5months? (hard to remember!) :D

I have only ever had to use the necklace and probably around 12 doses of the nelsons teething granules since she has been teething which in my eyes is a result. Who knows if its the teething necklace or the fact that Evie has had a reasonably easy time with her teething? Because she has always worn it, I wouldn't know what she was like without it, does that make sense? :?

The link that Valentine gave you is where I bought mine and I am really happy with it, its really pretty as well as functional.

valentine said:
The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't fit under her clothes (I thought it would, but the string is slightly too short - probably for safety reasons) - so people might see it and think she's chav baby and start looking for the soverign rings! I thought it would be hidden. I even took it off to go to baby clinic today as I thought the HV might think the same!

:rotfl: That made me laugh, because the only time I used to take Evie's off was when I went to weigh in clinic, I was 'scared' what my HV would say. :rotfl:
I do also take it off at night, because she sleeps in her own room I didn't like the thought of her getting it off or caught and getting into danger with it in the night.

paradysso said:
there fab, just watch where you buy them from and how their made. the ones with knots inbetween each bead can become weak quite quickly

I disagree with this (sorry, :hug: ) the individually knotted ones are better because if the string does break it means babba would only have access to one bead rather than them all.

Hope this helps :D

i guess with 1 bead or 20 beads theres still that tiny chance of choking :hug:

paradysso said:
i guess with 1 bead or 20 beads theres still that tiny chance of choking :hug:

Exactly, I have always thought well if one bead can come off it could still choke her if she swallowed it (why I don't leave it on at night when I'm not watching her)
I have been really lucky though and up to now shes never bothered with it, I just tuck it under her vest. :D

I'd never heard of these before. Ithink i might get on though they sound quite good :)

I think I may have to have a look and see if it makes a difference, Im not keen on using calpol and calgel all the time.

I'm being lazy with my reply and have just copied this from the net

"Wearing baltic amber is a traditional European remedy for teething. Amber is a natural analgesic and when worn on the skin, it releases healing oils that helps babies and young children to stay calm and more relaxed thoughout teething. Amber necklaces are a great natural remedy and can eliminate the need for over the counter drugs. Amber not only soothes teething pain, it has also been used to help with eczema and allergies."

"Please Note: Amber necklaces are made for wearing, not for chewing! Please supervise your child while wearing the necklace."

Hope this helps :D

I'd like to get one for Alex, but do you think it would look a bit weird? A necklace on a boy?

valentine mentioned that he one she bought doesnt go under clothes. hmm maybe it depends which design you get.

Xena said:
I'd like to get one for Alex, but do you think it would look a bit weird? A necklace on a boy?

I've been thinking the same thing! :think: Brody has eczema too so it might help with that!

Xena said:
valentine mentioned that he one she bought doesnt go under clothes. hmm maybe it depends which design you get.

I got mine from myriad too, I've just measured it and its 37cm long. I did get mine a while ago so don't know if the design has changed, as Valentine mentioned it doesn't fit under clothes. Evies is definately long enough to tuck under her vest :D

Hi there. Just discovered amber teething necklaces from a lady and her 1yr old daughter on the train yesterday.
Does anyone know what kind of fastening clasp the ones from Myriad have? And also do you think they'd break if caught on something so as not to strangle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back