Teddy Keith Ward 28/11/08 10.52pm 8lb 1/2 oz

poochielove

Reaction score
I had a really bad nights sleep and got up with OH as he was going to work around 6.00 am. I started getting back ache and period pains pretty much as soon as i got up and said to OH, this could be it! I wasnt too hopeful though as i had said this about 10 times previously :lol: and it turned out to be nothing. Also they didnt seem very painful. He set off and i went to the loo and had loads of plug (which i had been losing gradually throughout the week) and suddenly i started getting contractions thick and fast! They were coming every 5 mins and lasting about 45 seconds! I was so not prepared for this as i thought they would be longer and more spaced out! I got in the bath and called Dan (who had only just got into work and had to come back :lol: )I kept having to get out the bath and sit on loo as i had the runs so much :puke: In the meantime his mum let herself in and got me some toast (which i didnt eat and i was STARVING later!) and timed my contractions. She said 'oh dear they are quite close together i think we should go to the hospital'. I kept saying no as i was still in denial that i was in labour. Luckily the doctors surgery is only next door and it was the day the midwife was in, so when Dan got home his mum went round and asked her to come check me over and she said she would be free at 11.30 am. Well that never happened as i finally gave in and said i think we should go to hospital as they were getting really painful and i had a MASSIVE bloody show. Dans mum pulled her car up on next doors drive for 5 minutes so i didnt have to walk far...and the silly bitch was tutting and moaning (even though her boyfriend ALWAYS parks on our drive and my OH has to go round to get him to move his car which is on OUR drive that WE PAY FOR :wall: ) i was apperntly moaning about this all the way there (bit delerious) and was upset i hadnt hoovered lol!
Got to hozzy and went straight into the delivery rooms which were great! They had bouncy balls, a tv, a bed, a bean bag! I didnt know what to expect as my hospital tour was in a few days time (he was one week early) the midwife examined me and i was 5 cms! Thankgod i was convinced they would send me home. I went on Gas and air (LOVED IT!) and was told they would check me again at 4pm. So i spent a few hours pacing, moaning and groaning, shouting at Dan :oops: eating toast (spilt orange juice all over myself lol!) i felt so pissed hahaha! I tried to sit and watch house guest as it was the friday episode and i wanted to see who won lol! I couldnt make head nor tail of it though as i was a bit out of it. I kept calling my gas and air 'my dog' as i was still getting the squits and had to wheel it into the loo with me :rotfl: . Midwifes swapped shift so i have a new one who came and examined me and i was 8 cms! I was going to have my baby that day! She also said he was back to back which is why i was in so much pain. At this point my mum decided to come in and see me...shes is very unhelpful (although doesnt mean it) and just sat watching me in pain. In the end i told her to go home cos i felt like 'a pig in a cage' whatever i meant by that! I was in lala land! By now i was knackered and started begging the midwife for an epi. She told me it may slow things down and i was doing to well and dilating fast. I now realise she was talking me out of it and i am glad she did as i managed fine on gas and air alone. I then asked to go in the birthing pool for extra relief, i stayed in it till about 7pm and to be honest found it made me feel worse as the contractions were overlapping and SO painful. So i got back out lol and went to my room. I was so fed up by now. She examined me again and said i was fully dilated but my waters hadnt gone although they were bulging. She kept saying she could break them but the pain would get worse. I was so worried about being in more pain i said no. In the end i realised it was the only way i was going to have my baby anytime soon and let her do it. It felt strangly nice and warm :lol: and my pains didnt get worse BUT i felt the urge to push!! This is when things started to get bad. I was pushing for ages but i just couldnt get him far enough round the bend. I was so tired and it was so frustrating. Dan helped me so much though his encouragement was great. The middy kept saying you are going to have this baby on my shift (which i didnt) which gave me till 9pm! I tried every position going. The midwifes then change over again and i got a rellay funny lady who reminded me of Sue Pollard! She was really stern and said i could have till 11pm and then she would have to get the doctors involved as i had been pushing for far too long. At this point i felt like i had a watermelon between my legs, it was so uncomfortable. She put me on the bed as a last resort at which point realised baby had pooed inside me. She had to cut me as his chin wouldnt come out She called the baby doctors in ready and within 20mins i managed to push the head out. This bits a blur though. I felt the weirest sensation of someting coming out of my body and i remeber looking at my belly as he was coming out and it went really strange. She then put him skin to skin and cut the cord and they the docs said give him a kiss we need to take him. He was really grey and not crying, his eyes were open and he was looking round and i could see his little chest going up and down. I watched as they put a tube down his throat and were pumping all this stuff out his lungs which they said wasnt poo it was like some sort of infection/puss. Then they took him and he was gone :cry: i hadnt even held him. I find this part really hard to talk about. It seems everyone in Leicester was having a baby that night and there wasnt enough midwifes. I was laying on the bed after having the placenta delieverd with my legs in stirups on my own. I sent Dan up to the Neo natal to find out what was goin on as we were so scared. I couldnt go up till id been stitched. I must have been there half an hour replaying the events not being able to move. She finally stitched me but then i had a tempreture and still wasnt aloud to see Teddy! I was getting really upset now. The also had to do loads of bloodt tests on my and swabs to see if i also had the infection. I tried to take my mind of it by asking the student midwife to explain about the placenta. Finally Dan came down with 2 photos they had taken, he looked so poorly on the ventilator. Then finally 4 hours after i delivered (which i thought was a disgrace) i was aloud to go shower and see him. I have never cried so much it was so scary. After 48 hours he was aloud in my room with me! He came off the morphine and ventilator i was so happy! He also went straight on the breast and feeds like a dream. He also has to have a dummy as he likes comfort sucking and was eating to much and puking it back up! I spent 5 days in hospital so he could have antibiotices to make sure he was fine. Midwife came and visited me and weighed him and says hes doing amazing...i am so proud :) i really thought i was going to lose him. This birth story is probaly a bit mixed up but i am typing it as i remember.

First hold with daddy:

IMGP0573.jpg

First hold with Mummy:

IMGP0574.jpg

Looking all cute and healthy!:

P14-12-08_1550.jpg

Snuggly:

P17-12-08_1431.jpg

Aww hun your birth story nearly made me cry at the start of it as it sounded so perfect (just what i had wanted) but like many they sometimes dont go quite to plan. At the least you have a happy healthy (and may i say gorgeous) little boy.

Well done!

Claire x

just wanna say hes
absolutly GORGEOUS chick
well done...oh and im getting scared now listening 2 tht hehe :rotfl:
xx

awww hun i am crying reading that, glad your both all better now :hug:

Congratulations, seems like everything is going well now, you must be so proud of yourself and Teddy!
:hug:

poochielove said:
I kept calling my gas and air 'my dog' as i was still getting the squits and had to wheel it into the loo with me :rotfl:

Heh, gas and air sounds, erm, interesting :lol:

Well done! He's very cute!

Congratulations!!! He's gorgeous! :D

So glad you are both better now! :hug: :hug:

CONGRATULATIONS!! :hug:
You did amazingly hun, I'm so sorry you went through all that though.
Glad your both ok now :hug: :hug:

oh hun you went through it a bit didnt you!! but he is beautiful!!! i bet youre (rightly) so proud of yourself and him

aww he is so cute! bless him that pic with his hugeee bobbyhat is so funny! congratulations babe :hug:

Oh gosh Im sat here bloody crying now! :lol:
He is gorgeous hun and Im so so happy he is happy and healthy!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Congratulations to you!

Teddy is really gorgeous, welcome to the world baby! :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back