COLLIER DAVID PHILLIPS WIGGINS BORN 29/5/08 8lb 10

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
I'm Finally writing my birth story
WARNING PLEASE SO GET COMFY AND REMEMBER TO STOP FOR A CUP OF TEA DINNER LUNCH AND YOU OUR ALLOWED TO RECHARGE BY HAVING A NAP TO GIVE YOU THE ENERGY TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER

OK Friday evening i began to have intense very painful tummy and back pains and tightening this continued through out the weekend with increasing painful period pains and baring down feelings.

MONDAY
(in the words of Suzie NOTHING NADA ZIP) we even went for a long walk at a local nature reserve but nothing
Then that afternoon we went to James Mums house i had back pain again so i walked up and down the stairs sideways for a bout 15 minutes
I stopped and sat down and felt something ..go.. i called out whooooo and ran up the stairs to the toilet to find i was wet and it wasn't wee but it wasn't as much as i expected so wasn't sure and felt confused as it stopped flowing out and i had no contractions at all
but i still go watery clear gluey stuff when i wiped. James took me home and as i entered the house i had to run to the toilet again and more water came out but again not a huge amount.
so i bounced on my ball to try and shift it all the while asking you lot on PF what you thought and on the phone to my sister and parent who were all shouting down the phone "GET TO THE BLOODY HOSPITAL". :lol: The bouncing got more out but not much
Then being the CRAZY NUTTER i am i thought why don't i jump up and down and see if that gets things moving AND IT WORKED :rotfl: WHOOOOOOOSSSHHH MY WATERS WENT BIG TIME :shock: but still no contractions
So i decided now was the time to inform the Hospital, i of course had to update you guys :wink: so James run the hospital and they told me to come in

The nurse confirmed it was my waters :D and put me on a heartbeat and contraction monitor also confirmed i had no contractions and my cervix had not dialted at all :(
She told me to go back the next morning to be checked again
My Dad at this point was already driving down with my Mam from Newcastle (he then drove right back up again after dropping my Mam off as he had to work bless him my lovely Dad) :hug:

TUESDAY
went in next day and it was the same no contractions no dilation but still losing fluid. :(
Advised to go for a long walk bounce on my ball extra which i did do we went for a 5 mile walk i had back pain but no contractions
So that night as advised i ran to be booked in for a induction they said they were busy and to call back later so i did and they said to come in and i was priority as it was over 24 hours since my waters had gone. But not to expect to be induced that night due to them being full i also found out my dream of a water birth was over which upset me. :( :cry:

So we all went in and they were right i didn't get induced that night they actually shut the ward to further admissions just before my Mam and james went home the nurse checked me and found id dilated 2 cm so they decided to give a sweep a chance Mam and James went home and i tried to get some sleep
THOUGH SOME ANNOYING LADY IN THE NEXT BED WAS SNORING (I HATE SNORING :x ) i felt pain gradually building so i put my tens machine on and as i listened to the snoring women i dreamt of placing the tens pads on her nose and turning the pulses up to full energy to shut her up :twisted: I'm evil but it amused me. :rotfl:
The pains turned into my first real contractions and the nurse checked the monitor and confirmed it I WAS SO HAPPY TO BE IN PAIN i had 3 strong contractions 5 minutes apart and i wnet to 3 cm dialted :cheer: . The nurse asked me if id like to go down to the deliver suite or give it a bit longer i decided to wait a bit. i then lay back and promptly fell asleep. I woke up an hour later and the contractions had disappeared much to my distress. :wall:
WEDNESDAY
The next day i was told i was still priority but due to others going into full labour i had to wait till well till someone stopped having their babies. :wall: :roll:
James and my Mam stayed all day jollying me along :hug: i did a lot of jumping up and down on the ball and walking up and down up and down the ward.
But nothing happened id be monitored ever so often and they would say i was having contractions but mild ones and i wasn't dilating though Collier continued to be happy as larry heart beat strong. I could actually feel him as id lost so much fluid my bump moulded into more of a baby shape.
i became so down as the day turned into evening i went into the shower room and cried like a big baby the nurse over heard me came in and comforted me and said she would ring down and try and get them to take me asap to be induced.
The nurse came in the put the drop line into me and start up a line for antibiotics as it was so long since my waters had gone. Im scared of normal needle procedures but get through them. but the nurse couldnt get it in properly so had to go and get the doctor and put the needle in my hand instead of my arms which freaked me out James had to hold me as i cried i became so upset i needed my asthma inhaler :oops:

TIME FOR A BREAK :rotfl: OR GIVE UP
I then had a bit of a sleep to recover and woke up to find out that in the next few hours id be going down to be induced i was so excited :dance: my mam and james went to get something to eat quickly. while they were away an early opening for me to go down appeared so i was taken down and the nurse was just starting up the drip when they came back. James went of to have a sleep while my mam stayed with me the contractions started slowly but quickly built up and i was offered gas and air the drip made me sick and thought out i was periodically physically sick
AND WOW I LOVE THE STUFF 8) I WAS OFF ON A DANCE FLOOR SHAKING MY BOOTY ON THE DRUG WHAT A CHEAP NIGHT OUT i went thought a bottle and half in and hour and half. :lol:

THURSDAY MORNING
But in that time i went no further forward with dilation i was still only 3 cm so the nurse went to talk to the doctor and i was told that the contraction where not moving Collier and that it was very unlikely it would occur unless they upped the strength of the contraction but this meant i needed a Epidural :( as the contractions would be to painful This again set me off in floods of tears as I'm so petrified of needles and the thought of it going in my spine scared the s*** out of me :cry: . Both my Mam and James had to hold me as they sat me up and put the needle in i was so very very frightened and felt like a failure as my body was fighting the natural process of labour :( I kept chanting I'm doing this for you collier i love you Collier as they admistered to epidural it kept me focus i began to black out with the stress and the only thing that kept me from sinking was my Mam voice telling me how well i was doing and james face looking straight at me with love :hug: . i was violently sick afterwards from all the stress
The epidural didn't take long to work and i could no longer feel the contraction but i was lucky i still had a tingling feeling in y legs and could move them about the nurse said this was fine not everyone is completely paralysed :)
They upped the induction drip and we waited and hoped by this time it was early morning and i was shattered but i just couldnt sleep at all my Mam and James took it in turns to have a nap.

Then the agonising long journey to full dilatation i went from 3 cm to 6cm but that had taken me hours the doctor came in and for the first time the c section :( was mentioned this tore me up as again i felt like a failure but the doctor said i could have to more hours to see if i'd fully dilate so i mentally talked to Collier asking him to please come out. 2 hours later i gone to 8cm dilated i expected the doctor to say sorry you have to go to surgery but he was so kind and he gave me another hour. He came back and i was 9cm he then gave me another hour. The nurse checked me and said i was fully dilated on my left side but still a stubborn bit left on my right. The doctor came back and i again thought he'd say c section but again he gave me one last hour but this time i knew that was it :pray:

One stubborn bit stood between me and natural labour the nurse turned me onto my right side to see if it worked :pray:

And hour later in my heart i was mentally being wheeled down to surgery and when the doctor said i was fully dilated and i could push i didn't hear him i thought he said i wasn't and i needed the c section so i was confused for a few seconds at the smiling faces then it sunk in and i cried buckets with joy so did my Mam and James they were so happy for me. :cheer: :dance:

So i pushed it was so hard to do as i couldn't feel the contractions all and had to concentrate to hard on the nurses instructions on when to push and how to push
I was so very very tired and i took all my will to stay wake as i pushed the nurses said i was doing so well but thought putting me in the stirrups would help me to push better. The nurse also said the bit on my right hand come back out and she would try and force it back while i pushed. the doctor was called and he said that Collier had gone back to sideways a half an hour later the doctor returned after the nurse had gone to get him.

The silence and sad look on the doctor and nurses faces said it all he said I'm sorry but your baby has not moved down and we will have to get you ready for surgery :cry:
That was me gone it took me ages to stop crying i was so upset and felt like a rubbish useless women for not being able to give birth naturally :oops:
James held me close as i cried the doctor said that they would try the vontouse first but he wasn't hopeful and he was right it didn't work. :(

So i had the c section it was a weird sensation numbed but i could feel the pulling as they cut me i had an asthma attack at this point and needed my inhaler again

Then Collier was out the next few minutes where the longest of my life as we waited for the cry when my Son cried out i fell in love instantly :hug: and itched to hold him :cheer:
They popped his head round the section screen. AWWWW HE WAS SO BEAUTIFUL :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
James kissed me and i told him to go hold his Son James then brought him over and i touched collier for the first time and stroked his head .
This time the tears where of pure joy and love :angel: :hug:

I could go into the the recover in hospital but lord that would be another chapter :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was in for another 2 and half day hell of a lot of pain as Collier had bashed against my pelvis as i pushed my bits hurt from trying to push and the section scar hurt like hell i couldn't move with out shouting out in pain
I ended up with low iron count from losing a lot of blood and i needed tablets for pain inflammation and anaemia

but it was all worth it to have my gorgoues Son :angel: :angel: :hug:

IF YOU GOT TO THE END WELL DONE :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

thart is an amazing birth story Sarah, you went through a hell of alot and should be so proud of yourself. Makes me thankful for the short experience i had.

Congratulations to you and James. Collier is beautiful.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xxxx

So glad you got there in the end :hug: :hug: :hug:
It was a long journey for you, but well worth it! Well done :cheer:

Aww lovely birth story Sarah! :hug:

It was a long journey for you and Collier so it deserved a long story. Also I know what you mean about snoring. I was kept in hospital overnight during the summer about 3 years ago while I was fainting like 8 times a day, I was put in a room full of old ladies who ALL snored. I was actually praying I would faint again just to block them out for a few minutes at least! :lol:

:hug: That's a fab birth story Sarah.

Well done and Congratulations on the birth of Collier :cheer:

Thanks for sharing that with us Sarah.

Congratulations on baby Collier :cheer:

Alex xxx

I did... wheres me prize :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Congratulations hun... :hug: :hug: :hug: sounded like you had a rough old time of it :hug: :hug:

awww Sarah, what a story!!!!

I cant beleive you felt like a failure for not having a natural birth!! you did the most amazing thing ever and you should be soooo proud!!!!

Im proud of you! :hug:
Well done....... xxxx

PS: luvin the bit about the tens machine up the ladys nose!!! :rotfl:

Wow!!! Thats a birth story and a half aint it!!!

But as you say it is all worth it in the end for your gorgeous wee boy Collier.

Huge congrats to you and James :hug:

Wow!!! Thats a birth story and a half aint it!!!

But as you say it is all worth it in the end for your gorgeous wee boy Collier.

Huge congrats to you and James :hug:

Wow.
Well done you hun.
It was a pleasure to read and I always think the more details the better, so the longer the better. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Congratulation Sarah!! Wow what a birth story and well done you for getting through it!!!

Thanks for taking the time to share it with us! I love reading birth stories.

LMP x

Congratulations to you :cheer: Loved the birth story although was sorry you didn't get to do things the way you wanted hun :hug:

WOW you're story is as long as mine's gonna be! Lol. An epic birth story for an epic birth!

CONGRATS again sweetie WE DID IT! xxxxx

Hi Sarah,

That's a pretty amazing birth story - it brings back memories for me too as my first was quite similar to that. I must admit, I went through the same emotions as you regarding being useless for not being able to do it naturally but it soon goes - it really doesn't matter - you gave it everything you've got, and more!!!! What is important is that your baby is fit and healthy, and that you have come through it, and it doesn't mean that you can't have a natural birth with your next child either (my 2nd was born naturally and I never ever would have thought I could have done it after the first experience).

Congratulations and hope you are taking it easy and enjoying every moment of little Collier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back