Tea addicts

piglets

Reaction score
I didnt know you should limit tea drinking to just 2 cups of tea a day when pregnant!!! I was never told this when pregnant with any of my other children- is this a new reccomendation? Im seriously a tea addict i usually have about 3 cups of tea every morning before i really get going!!! Im gonna be so stuffed if i cant have my cups of tea. If i cant have my tea when i want it im gonna be the size of a house because quite often if i want to eat and i shouldnt a cuppa will sort me out instead. On the plus side i dont smoke and dont drink so is drinking tea really really that bad?! HELP!!!!!

its the caffine you have to limit to 200mg per day, so remember its in coffee and chocolate and fizzy drinks too. i'm not sure how new this recommendation is.

I've totally gone off tea and i was a bit of an addict too. have you tried red bush tea, fruit tea, or decaff?

Decaf?

Im struggling with this too. I have a dolce gusto coffee machine which I use twice a day so cutting down on that has been hard.

Ps I think the recommendation is quite new, previously it was 300mg.

Thankfully I've totally gone off tea I use to drink 10+ cups a day but it makes me feel sick now xxx

I'm same as you lanny, totally gone off it

I tried decaff coffee instead and vomitted it back up :( wont be touching that again.

I will try some decaff tea but only if i can find the teas i like in decaff as im a bit of a tea snob lol!!! Im truly gutted, i dont do anything else but drink tea lol ..im pouting now...

i have my morning coffee, some pop if i want it and i bought lots of different fruit teas, theres a lovely cherry and cinnamon one from twinings adn chamomile honey and vanilla for when i cant sleep and some lovery summer fruits ones from asda. i use honey as sugar in them and i think theyre an awesome alternative to coffee and tea for hot drinks.

I used to a tea addict too - but funnily enough I have gone off it too.
Funny how your body works - get rid of the bad stuff - I now crave fruit juice and smoothies!! xx

I am finding if difficult to cut down on my coffee intack! hell its tough! Its what has kept me going for the last 4 years!!!!!! I forgot how many things you give up when pg!!!! xxxx

im a coffee- holic! but am drinking de-caf coffee now :) heard a horrible fact that one cup of coffee a day could increase your chance of mc by 50% i dont no if its true but i wont take my chances. think its a little sacrifice for a big reward :) and i now really like de-caf

right so im off out to get some decaff tea now then....i havent had any more tea since i read that and now im GASPING!!!

get yorkshire tea decaf all the rest taste like arse mate, i am a total tea addict myself!!

Hahaha!! How funny coz thats what i got and ive only just read you recommending it!! It tastes ok aswell so im quite happy now might still have to have my caffiene first thing though.

Ive never cut down my tea intake!!

Except with dd1 went off the stuff for first 5 months but apart from that i dont drink im giving up smoking theres no way im giving up or limiting my tea intake!!

Admire you ladies who do x

lol good choice!!! I tried tetleys first and it is just crap, so crap it upset me slightly at the prospect of drinking awful tea throughout my pregnancy, then i tried yorky tea andloved it!! I still have a couple of cups of the ordinary stuff a day though, it is still better :)

Tesco's own decaf isn't too bad. I looooove my tea, have to have it every morning and usually during and after work too. I know I'm supposed to cut down while ttc though :(
I stopped drinking caff tea after 8pm cos I was having trouble sleeping, so I'm quite accustomed to Tesco's decaf. Will still need one cup of caff tea in the morning I think to get me going, even if I do get preggers!!

I agree with Lynette - Yorkshire tea decaf actually tastes like tea - TRY IT!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back