tax credits and maternity leave

my oh earns just under 17k. sometimes i think if i gave up work we'd be better off :/

You can almost see where people who live on benefits are coming from can't you? Working seems to make you worse off.... :S

xxx

Don't forget that u need to disregard the first £100 a week of smp so if ur p60 says u earnt 8000 and u spent 20 weeks of that year on maternity leave then u disregard 2000 so u tell tax credits u earnt 6000 (hope that makes sense) xx

One streamline benefit would be so much easier, apply, tell them your situation and what you earn and be done with the fannying about!

sounds like this is going to happen :yay: he mentioned 'use of technology for applications' which I think means being able to use an online form to apply. :dance: I didnt really think much of this government until now!

just read this:

Tax credits system to be overhauled in favour of a new 'Universal Credit'. The 'work programme' will provide help for people seeking work with savings to be made via digital applications. The government is also seeking additional savings. Basic and 30-hour tax credits to be frozen. The childcare element of the working tax credit to be reduced to its previous level of 70%. (what is it now then??)
The welfare measures announced will save £7bn, the chancellor says. The removal of child benefit from higher-rate taxpayers is confirmed. (thats the bit for over £40k i think isnt it?)

its all a bit confusing, i kno when ive looked at what help we will get towards childcare and things i couldnt decide if to put last yrs info in like it said or this yrs, stuuupid government cos im sure as soon as you get a overpayment they want it back in a large lump sum!! pfft!

xxx

they said there was going to bre an increase in one part of tax credits though? anyone know what that is? think i'll start a new thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back