Taste buds?

rachaellouise

Reaction score
Do your taste buds go all haywire during pregnancy?
I had a yummy curry tonight, my usual and after a few mouth fulls it tasted a bit funny... kind of like off cream which I know is not possible as they do not put cream in the curry I have.
I got hubby to check it and he said it tasted fine to him? :roll:

A friend of mine went completely off salt and chilli chicken when she was pregnant, it was her favorite and she couldn't stand it, I remember by sense of smell going haywire but not my tastebuds x

Yup!
There was all sorts of stuff I went funny with that I used to love, and also things I hated that I quite like now :lol:

OH was sick of tasting stuff that I said was weird, just to find it was totally normal.
It has eased off now though, as far as I'm aware :) x

oh big time there is things I love but cant stand now .

Yes i used to hate pickles but around xmas time when there was lots of buffet type food around i must have ate about 2 jars of them silverskin pickles (i even slurped some of the vinegar!!)! I wouldnt say it was a proper craving coz now they are not around the thought makes me sick again, maybe a mini craving! xxx

I totally went off curry for the first 20weeks which upset me cos I love curries!
I can eat it again now but it's still not quite the same as it was before pregnancy! I also couldn't stand coffee for the first 16weeks and I love my coffee,thank god that's back to normal now too!

Yes I think taste buds in pregnancy can definately go a bit weird! I've also had moments where I've complained to my husband that something tastes strange or off and when he's tasted it he said it's fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back