Tanning when pregnant?

april7176

Reaction score
Is there any safe way to get a tan when you are pregnant?

I am bridesmaid for my best friend in September and I am so white that I worry I will look terrible!! I also have very sensitive skin and have had reactions to tanning/tan maximizing lotions in the past but would like to know of any options.

Any info good or bad greatly appreciated.

April xxxx

Hi
If you look at NHS direct in the FAQ sections there are a few on tanning. I think it basicly says that sunbeds are a definite no, and that fake tans are safe but that you need to be careful as your skin can react differently to things when pregnant.

Have you tried those moisturisers with just a bit of fake tan? I have quite sensitive skin but can use the Dove one (and it smells ok)

Options are go pale and interesting or try one of the tanning creams but do a patch test first just in case you have a reaction.

in the sun say u tan quicker but due to stuff going on u may get different colour pigments ! so id say go proud and pale ( i got married in a april so i was a proud and pale bride lmao)

or , what about a spray tan? have a tst run first ?

beware of spray tans if you have sensitive skin - especially with a test run!

i had a st tropez test run a month before my wedding. i loved it. then the day before my wedding i went for another. but unbeknowst to me the test run had made me allergic and i spent my wedding day covered in a red itchy rash!

to be honest - i'd just stay pale too...

x

i was going to have a st tropez for my wedding and was advised against it so im going pale lol

Johnsons holiday skin is great! you could maybe try something like that if you want a tan

Emma x

you should use st tropez as it is very safe for pregnant woman becuase it has aloe vera in it rather than anything else that might give you a reaction. :)

Argh im all confused now i've read this thread, I was planning a St Tropez for my wedding but not so sure now..... hmmm what to do :think:

I've heard that you should not tan whilst pregnant...

the reason i decided against it is i spoke to my beautician about it and she said your pores will react differently when pregnant, therefore might go darker/lighter than planned or streaky

my midwife said that i can carry on as normal tanning. I have olive skin anyhow and predominantly have a tan. She said i will just tan quicker which is a bonus!

since becomming pregnanct i react differently.

i used to always use the dove hint off etc but now if i apply it at night by morning it looks like ive applied real fake tan and im really orange.

i would say go pale too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back